does caffeine in green tea extract hurt adrenal glands(aka adrenal fatigue)?

Options
Like does it raise cortisol levels to stop fat loss or does it lower cortisol levels and aid fat loss? Because I know when I first started cutting calories and working out since now that I'm a athlete I was taking green tea to aid me in my fat loss and I mean yes it worked well! But I was wondering could green tea wreck my metabolism and hurt my adrenal glands and thyroid? Because I know a lot of people say caffeine in coffee or energy drinks do hurt your adrenals. So I was wondering does that apply for green tea as well? Because I love green tea! :smiley:

Replies

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeh, if you like it drink it.

Life is complicated enough, no need to overthink green tea.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Kid: Talk to a professional. You've got such anxiety over all this stuff and you're SO young.

• jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love green tea too! I have been drinking it for my weight loss and I have lost 20 pounds! It helps with my energy level and helps curb my appetite! I don't know all of the science but based on my experience, it is helping me!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Me thinks you use google too much.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think they call what you're doing right now "majoring in the minors.'' Basically you're spending way too much energy worrying about things that just aren't that important.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    No.

I've never seen anyone on this site that worries about hormones as much as you do.

Especially hormonal issues that typically fret 50 year old menopausal moms.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Like does it raise cortisol levels to stop fat loss or does it lower cortisol levels and aid fat loss? Because I know when I first started cutting calories and working out since now that I'm a athlete I was taking green tea to aid me in my fat loss and I mean yes it worked well! But I was wondering could green tea wreck my metabolism and hurt my adrenal glands and thyroid? Because I know a lot of people say caffeine in coffee or energy drinks do hurt your adrenals. So I was wondering does that apply for green tea as well? Because I love green tea! :smiley:

You worry way to much. I wish, when I was your age, that I knew what I knew now. Stop your worrying and enjoy the journey.

ROCK_ItdoestntMatter_zps7ef1ca1d.jpg[img][/img]