How much did you lose before noticing lose/extra skin?

Options
honeysprinkles
honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
By the time I get to my goal weight, I'll have lost around 70-75 pounds, which I think is significant enough to cause extra skin for some. I am young, started losing when I was 19 and I'll be 21 in a couple weeks and I've lost the weight relatively slowly (about 18 months so far) which are both things that I think can help prevent it.

I haven't really noticed any so far but I feel like my skin is really stretchy, like if I pull on my stomach (it's small but I've still got fat there) I can pull it out kind of far, and the skin around my belly button sags a little bit. It's not that bad so I'm not really complaining, but I am wondering what my stomach will look like once I lose the rest of the excess fat, will it be flat or will I have a little extra skin...and how can I tell if I will? I'm pretty close to my goal weight already so I'm hoping it won't surprise me too much!

So if you have excess skin, especially in the stomach area, when did you start noticing it? How much weight did you lose and what was your starting weight & height? I started at 185lb and I'm 5'6" with a small frame, so that just about put me in the obese category for bmi.

Replies

• powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No extra skin-anywhere that I can tell!

44 years old-Male
    SW-246.5
    Today-197
    5-11
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You are young and even if you have lose skin for a few months it will fix itself. I am 34 have had multiple kids and I lost over 100lbs and I had a lot of loose skin at first but the longer I stay at goal weight the less loose skin I have. If at 34 my skin is still able to recover (bikini pics to prove it) then you should have absolutely no issues at all.
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I've lost 77lbs, I'm 34 and so far no loose skin. Exercise and tone as you go.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You are young and even if you have lose skin for a few months it will fix itself. I am 34 have had multiple kids and I lost over 100lbs and I had a lot of loose skin at first but the longer I stay at goal weight the less loose skin I have. If at 34 my skin is still able to recover (bikini pics to prove it) then you should have absolutely no issues at all.
    Thanks, I think I might be over thinking it a little because so far I really haven't noticed any and I'm only about 10 or 15 from my goal!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I started noticing it around 75-80 lbs down. Only on upper thighs & not much though. I wouldn't worry.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!