Moderation and on a mission

Options
Hi all,

I'm 28, female and live in Australia.

I've got a long history as far as my health journey. I've been through fad diets, supplement culture, etc etc.

My goal more broadly is around learning how to balance myself day to day so I am not dependent on exercising every day or a completely restricted diet, while having a healthy body and weight. I am hoping to compete as a bodybuilder in 2015, not as a central goal but a nice detour from the journey I am on.

In the past couple of years I have armed myself with a nutrition qualification which has helped me filter through a lot of the *kitten* that is out there. I have a very moderate, balanced approached to food, with a focus on wholefoods and minimal to no use of supplements. I am focused on macro and micronutrients to support my personal body and needs.

I am fortunate as well to have a psychology degree which has helped me address my food behaviours, including things like food guilt, overeating behaviours. I believe that the psychological aspects of eating behaviours are not given the importance they should by the general populous. I believe in discerning between nutritional quality and behavioural/structural fixes.

I lift heavy, swing sledgehammers, do Latin and Jamaican dance, roller skate, and do aerial arts - not just for the exercise, but because they are fun.

I believe that change doesn't come easy but neither does anything good.

Seeking friends! I don't use the forums much but am keen to get to know people, particularly those who are open to speaking frankly and constructively about food etc. I get quite frustrated when people refuse to incorporate ideas offered to them just because they don't fit whatever blog/marketing campaign they've been exposed to recently. I'm not hoping to act as anyone's source of advice but hoping to find some more like minded people for mutual day to day and food inspiration.

Replies