Any 5 foot 2 inch girl success stories out there.

Options

Replies

• bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2 - ya we girls rock!
    Would love to weight 120 lbs, I am a shame to post my weight, but here I go...166, my heaviest :grumble:
    Sad to say when I was 8 months pregnant that is what I weighed and that was over 10 years ago!
    So here is to my new adventure, need all the encouragement - please feel free to add me :blushing:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am just over 5'2". I have been very successful at it for many years. I keep being it every morning when I wake up and manage to be it the whole day long. It works for me. :happy:

At 5'1", unfortunately I systematically fail at being 5'2". No matter how hard I try, I just can't get that last inch. I've tried shoes with heels, but the height just comes off again as soon as I take them off.

ON a more serious note... OP if you're already in the healthy range for body fat percentage, you can usually get more noticable changes in your body from doing strength training rather than losing a few more lbs. It's not your weight that determines what you look like, it's your body fat percentage.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I personally think a 5`2 woman looks good around the 132-137 mark...and that also puts her in a healthy BMI range. Seems trying to get down to 110-115 is a bit far fetched. I am 53 years old and also 5'2, last year I got myself down to 135 and I was so pleased with myself...and, my doctor was also very pleased. I am now back up to 144 but I plan to have my winter weight back off by summer and I also plan to note what I did wrong over the winter months, so to not make the same mistakes again. The highest my weight ever got was 162 and I was way too heavy in the face and neck. Im ok with 144 and a size 10.....I am thankful for the health God has given to me and I never want to take it for granted. Please , all you 5,2 chicks.....don't be so hard on yourself. I think 5,2 is just the perfect package....aren't we lucky ????? :blushing:

I agree with you to some extent, however it depends on frame size. I'm 5'1", large frame, and I'm happy and healthy at 130lb, also I'm around 22-23% body fat, which is right in the middle of the healthy range for body fat percentage. This is the right weight for me (although I would like to increase my lean body mass and get heavier, while keeping my body fat percentage in the low 20s) ..........However a small framed woman of my height may weigh as little as 100lb at the same body fat percentage. You can't judge what a healthy weight is from height alone. Body fat percentage is the best thing to base your goal on. Failing that if you know your frame size, the BMI adjusted ranges for frame size are more reasonable (although it is hard to judge your frame size unless you're already fairly lean, and the wrist measurement method does not work for everyone, so it's probably best to try to get a good measure of body fat percentage and base your goal on that).
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'2". I haven't been in the 130 since I was in my 20s. Last summer, and up until this past November, I was at 187. Now I'm 167 (that's where I am in my profile pic). I'm sort of aiming for 155 or 150. I look at pictures of me from high school.. I was 5'1" and 118 pounds and I think I look like a giant head stuck on a stick body. I always thought I looked best at 135-140. So I'll see where this food log thing takes me.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2; started at 130 and got down to 110 last summer through lifting, running and diet. I lost most my weight eating 1700-1900 calories FWIW. While I was happy there at times I felt too lean. Having more muscle became a top priority, plus lifting is my first love, so I bulked and I'm up to 120 now. I always suggest lifting to ladies and to forget the scale; no one except the people at my gym realized I put on 10 lbs. I'm also still the same clothing size 2-4 for both weights. The scale means nothing to me now. Now I focus on lifting, eating well and meeting my macros with very little if any cardio. This way is much more simple.

August 2012 110lbs

FC050285-BEC4-44CC-9F58-7407289AE91A-719-000000858F9E90AA.jpg

May/Current 120lbs

E64E0822-4006-4C43-9333-0A168AB84052-12614-000006F953F03E9B.jpg

550F6F5C-0E5F-43AF-BBA5-E81C8C84FFE5-12614-000006F94BBF3062.jpg
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have no ideas how to make pics smaller so I apologize. However my progress is on my profile.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    well i guess i kinda am t o some..i have never actually hit my final goal of 115, i get close to it, 116.4 but bounce around and seem to average 118. i started at 142. i haven't hit my idea of my goal yet as i need to lose body fat but i am working on that presently doing chalean extreme...
  • amd429
    amd429 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm technically 5'3" and currently at 132 which seems to be a trend here.... I used to weigh 121 up to about two years ago. I turned thirty then and have since put on the 10 pounds I am now trying to lose. Been logging on here since end of march but started really trying to lose again since beg of march. Haven't lost any weight and in fact put some on! Don't know why I can't lose?? Currently on week 8 of body revolution and started c25k again hoping this will make that scale move....any advice would be great!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just recently hit my goal weight, 130 lbs lost.

Sw: 250 lbs
    CW: 120 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs
    height: 5'1.5

It took me 3 years on and off.

f0vnzl.jpg

To answer as to why you might not be losing, you could be eating too few or too many calories, you might need to make adjustments, your sodium level might be to high, your fat levels might be to high, you might be losing inches and not actual pounds, there for get a tape measure. I have lost a ton of inches. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred and only have lost 1 lbs and I'm on day 24 of it, but the inches have flown off.
  • J198S
    J198S Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Determined to be a success story by the end of 2013...! My starting weight is 134, currently bouncing around between 123-128. Hoping to get under 120 by the end of the summer, which will not be easy given the speed of my "transformation." I am also trying to prioritize fat loss over weight loss so my only cardio is walking and sometimes the elliptical. For strength training I do squats, rows, deadlifts, and some work with dumbbells too. Struggling to keep protein up!
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some amazing results! Way to go!

I'm 5'1" , CW 140
    GW 115ish

I just started insanity a week ago, I hope to see some pleasing results by the time I'm done with Insanity. Along with insanity, I'm counting my calories. I hope it works!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am adding from above, forgot to add: i am 5.2 ft and i started out at 142 lbs, i now maintain 118. I started lifting 2 months ago to lose body fat but have seen no change yet :( i got stuck when i hit 125 for the longest time and never thought i 'd see 120 again ever but have :) it was a long slow journey though, 1 year to lose 20 lbs... never thought it would take so long or be so hard!
  • twiztedminded575
    Options
    I'm just under 5'2. I started this site at 182.6lbs and I'm currently around 151.6lbs (haven't been able to weigh myself for almost a month). I was around 120lbs-125lbs all through high school and into my early 20's. When I hit around 22, I went up to 140lbs. I thought I was huge, so I dieted and dropped down to 118lbs. That was a "fad" diet and within months I had gained all of the weight back. In 6 months total, I had put on an additional 42lbs!!!! I had lost 22lbs and gained 64lbs, awesome XD This time around, I've been doing it slow and steady. I've been losing for 8 months now. I'm looking to get around 112lbs, but I have to wait and see how I look when I get around 130lbs.

182.6lbs
    5cbb9f15-f10c-4bde-8e3b-b20df09e7281_zps3fb16e31.jpg

151.6 (taken a couple days ago)
    999894_10201341095791658_460807551_n_zps589cebba.jpg

*Edited to fix pictures and correct errors.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how much difference 30 pounds can make! Good job!
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 131 looking to lose 11% body fat in the next 18 weeks or so. Tabata and strength training will hopefully get me there
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I have no ideas how to make pics smaller so I apologize. However my progress is on my profile.

HMVOL:
    Your profile is locked and only viewable by friends. But I was able to see your pics and you're how I want to look. Love the muscles!!! I am 5'1 and currently weigh 120 lbs. Would love to build more muscle. I take a body works class that uses weights and I do pilates, I get on the stairmaster and I use the weight machines at the gym. I know I need to start lifting heavy but don't know where to start. What do you recommend?
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    42 years
    Vegetarian

SW: 160 lbs Jan12
    CW: 122 lbs (just returned for a ski trip, up 4lbs (all the carbs))
    GW 116 lbs

Although I've been hovering for a year at the same weight, my body shape has changed due to lots of walking and running!

Feel free to add me, but send me a quick note as to were you found me.

Nadolig Llawen!
  • emmaroberts197
    Options
    I am a little over 5'2", and I am starting out around 135, I want to lose 20 pounds because I have a very small frame, and that's the perfect weight for me! I am more focused on toning, but I plan on losing the weight and then strength training. Feel free to add me on here, I'm new and would love fitness buddies. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!