ketogenic diet

Options
2»

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've done it a handful of time. It only sucked for the first 3 days, and then it's super easy -- no cravings at all. It really makes it easy to stay under calories.

I gave it up because I like to drink too much. I'll occasionally go back to it for 6 weeks or so for a fast, easy 10-pound loss when I really want to, though.

I've never experienced the performance loss that others have. I think it's mostly mental. (But then, I tend to work out like a crazy person for the first 3 days, because the food cravings get intense and I need something to take my mind off them.)

I'd also recommend Reddit over MFP for pretty much all serious fitness conversation, because their system is self-correcting; dumb comments tend to disappear and intelligent, evidence-backed comments rise to the top.
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    brundell88 wrote: »
    Anybody here doing it? Did you feel like garbage up til you were keto adapted?

I just started it this past week and I'm finding exercising much more difficult than it was when I had carbs in my diet. I get breathless more easily and I find my legs getting worn out when cycling. However, I have lost 4 pounds (though most likely water weight) in the last couple days, so I'm going to keep it up.

Give it some time. The book I followed when I started keto recommended laying off exercise for a few weeks while getting adapted.