coming to terms with a splurge

Options
sheldonklein
sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
edited December 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I've just returned from a holiday party. They were serving Schneider Weisse Aventitus. I consumed about 1500 calories of astonishingly good beer, and about 3000 calories for the day. On the one hand, i think I'll need 3+days to make up for my indulgence. On the other hand, I'm savoring the memory. So should I be kicking myself or smiling? Making plans for keeping the next holiday party under control or making plans for a similar sensory extravaganza?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Food should never inspire shame or guilt unless it's stolen. Did you steal it? If not, then you should smile at the fond memories and savor the aftertaste.

As for the next party, just weigh your desire to reach your goals against your desire to relax and not worry about it for a night...add in how often you decide to do the latter. Decide accordingly.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Smile and pick back up tomorrow. One day won't hurt you in the long haul, as long as you don't have them continuously.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No need to punish yourself by making something up in the next three days. That is silly and counter productive. Keep tracking in the diary as you are doing and face one day at a time.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Smiling, definitely, it sounds like you had a good time. I might try to shave a few calories off the next couple of days (probably not with food, though, I hate feeling deprived).
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its only a day. it sounds like a fun one too that was totally worth it. forget about it because tomorrow is yet another day.

also i came to this thread to say i think splurge is one of the two ugliest words in english. splurge and purple.

i also dont like plunge.

i apparently dont like pl words epecially if they have a g also.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    log it

move on
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    its only a day. it sounds like a fun one too that was totally worth it. forget about it because tomorrow is yet another day.

also i came to this thread to say i think splurge is one of the two ugliest words in english. splurge and purple.

i also dont like plunge.

i apparently dont like pl words epecially if they have a g also.

nope .. moist is the worst
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awake, a little hungover and up 2 pounds. I also got around to looking it up and learned that Àventinus is 12% ABV. Had I known that, I would have consumed less, for reasons unrelated to calories. But damn, that's really, really good beer.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This is all about living life, you're going to have those days. Log it and be done with it.