Starting a healthy lifestyle!

liveyenna
liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
Hi there!

My name is Eva and two weeks ago I noticed that I am not happy with my body nor with my mental situation. So I started with eating healthy and a little bit of exercising. I am still in a huge depression that is already going on for 6 years (note that I am only 18. My family is a pain in the *kitten* and a lot of *kitten* happened and is still happening.) It's quite hard to keep going with all those negative thoughts but I am glad I pushed myself sometimes. Yesterday I had my first cardio moment and went swimming. It was really great. I am definitely going to the pool more now.
Anyhow, my two weeks were great until now! I didn't binge no cookies nor junk food, I am so proud of myself. For me this is already a huge step. :)

I am planning to try new and clean recipes and I am learning to eat new vegetables. My family is not healthy at all (it's all about butter, cookies and red meat in their eyes..) and it is hard to not eat the *kitten* they are eating, but the scale this week made me very happy for not eating what they were eating. Two weeks ago I was about 181lbs/82kg and this week I already dropped to 172lbs/78.4kg. I know, you might think this is too much but the first week I really only ate vegetables and fruit with a little bit of bread. I just wanted to try a week without butter, cookies and red meat I think.
This week I was trying to learn myself to moderate treats like chocolate which went pretty great. I only ate 2 pieces of 70% dark chocolate. All hail me!
My next step will be to learn how to moderate other sweets etc. I just hope my period doesn't screw me coz I become a cookiemonster those days haha!

It's not easy without a good example and that's why I am searching for some clean-eating friends on this site. Who's in?!

(Excuse me for the grammar. I never had English lessons so there might be some awfull faults.)

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    I'm not perfect, but i don't eat a whole lot that comes from fast food or a box. You can add me, you might be able to get some ideas from my diary. I do make a lot of recipes on the recipe builder, and i do eat red meat, but i also eat fish, chicken, and tofu. I also eat my fair share of other stuff, lol. But if you want to add me, feel free