why do i always end up in a long distance relationship?

Options

I was in on and off long distance relationship and with a guy that lives 4 hours apart. It eventually ended and he met someone closer. However now I have fallen another guy I have been chatting with on body building site. Unfortunately , he lives in States and I live in Canada so we live too far apart to even meet up for coffee. It sucks because I wish we could meet up but he is too far way.I do meet guys close to where I live but most of the times I am just not interested in them. There is even this guy at work who asked me out not to long ago but I am just not interested and don't like dating co workers for obvious reasons :(

I don't even plan in getting involved with guys that lives far, it just happens.I would prefer to fall for guys close to me so I can actually spend time with them.Why does this keep happening?

Replies

• vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Maybe you feel like in a way it is safer? I feel like online/via text, you get to know the person's "self" better, and then after you get to interact with them, you get to know them as they are and how they are around other people. Not knowing that right away feels "safer" to me, like you are more in control of how you accept/reject them? It's also easier sometimes not to have to be face to face.. It's less awkward, and you can think about what you say first. Just my two cents, could be wrong!