Learning to eat differently with low-carb

Options
Cooking_Smart
Cooking_Smart Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I've been doing this for about a month, and I have had some success. I've lost at least 5 lbs so far. The first week I was on my new eating plan, I didn't have a scale, so I don't know precisely what my starting weight was. It was 241 for my first weigh in and is now 236. The greatest benefit to eating low-carb is that I don't experience a lot of late night cravings the way I used to. When I say low-carb, I don't mean no carb. I think that is dangerous. I incorporate a lot of vegetables into my protein-rich meals, very little grain or fruit sources, and a moderate amount of dairy, mostly cheese. I am looking to connect with others, whether they are doing the same eating plan as I am or not. I really want to be successful, stay on it for the long haul, and I think getting support is just as important as keeping an accurate daily log. Please add me and feel free to share tips, recipes, encouragement. Thanks!

Replies

• shenejm
    shenejm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been doing the low carb diet as well for about a month and have lost around 10 lbs.. I have not cut out carbs completely either.. I do get some.. I am not much of a fruit eater, but love vegetables and salads.. feel free to add me.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do low carb as well. Feel free to add me and check out my journal.. I don't know if you have access to my recipes as well, but I have a bunch in there. I try to have high protein low carb meals at every meal.
  • gwb77
    gwb77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lower carbs for 2 years. I didn't lose weight until I started counting calories the beginning of this year. Basically I eat a lot of eggs and meat/veggie combinations. Buffalo wings are my fav.