Creating a new life...style!

Options
Hello - this is not my first rodeo at weight loss. Too many times I have started and succeeded only to stop being careful and eventually gain everything back. This time I want things to be different, I want this to work and I want to have a better life. This time it is not about weight loss - it is all about feeling better, looking better, feeling stronger and no longer struggling.

I recently turned 50 and I have a soon to be 20 year old son. I will be vacationing with him March 2016 for his 21st birthday. I want to be able to do things with him and not be restricted by my size. I want a new me for that trip. This is my journey and I would love for you to join me. Feel free to friend me and I will encourage you and hope that you can encourage me too.

I currently weigh 250 lbs and will need to get to approximately 170 or less. That's 80 lbs but like I said above - it's not necessarily about the weight but more about how I feel. I don't plan on weighing in regularly but I do plan on taking measurements as I do feel that those are more demonstrative of my journey. I have a gym membership and plan to go at least 3 times a week and will soon be seeing a personal trainer. The key to my weight loss has always been about accountability - recording my daily intake of food is helps with that.

This is not a diet but it is a new lifestyle.

Replies

• anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am on here every day. The more support the better :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You sound like you have the right attitude, for sure, but I am curious why you don't plan to weigh in regularly when you stated that your goal IS to lose a number of pounds. I know a lot of people see it like "the scale is your enemy" but honestly in my loss from 262 lb to current 169 lb I've seen the scale as my FRIEND that entire time, and it made everything much easier for me tracking my intake and weighing regularly, than in the past when I lost weight by similar methods but without logging food or weighing myself.

Just another thought on the weigh in topic. Good for you regardless of how you achieve your goal!