Gift for a personal trainer??

Options
LianaG1115
LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
Just putting it out there to get ideas or suggestions about what to get my personal trainer for the holiday this year. I have done some Google researching and really some of the ideas out there are not typical of him and then the other thing is not to get too personal either. I have a male trainer, he's been working with me 3 days a week sometimes a day or two more for the past year, he's a body builder outside the gym. He is kinda to me like Dolvett is to his team on the Biggest Loser, he's seen me cry, afraid to do an exercise because I didn't think I could, and also succeed and improve myself in the gym with weights and reps. SO I'm just asking for some insight/advice please, thanks.

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    A nice stopwatch, a fancy pen, a favorite sports jersey, a workout tank with a saying on it you know he'd like, or a new water bottle with a gift card to an athletics store or favorite restaurant in it.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You pay someone a bunch of money and then still want to buy him a present?! Wow...
  • mightygirlruns
    Options
    Money. Tip him an amount equal to one session. And say thank you.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I found out my personal trainer liked Shiraz... So I picked her up a bottle of Shiraz called "ball Buster"
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    YOU know what to get him... no one spills sweat in front of another person without getting to know them a little bit.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    You pay someone a bunch of money and then still want to buy him a present?! Wow...
    Some people are thoughtful, crazy right?

I'm thoughtful as well (um hello *kitten* ton of cookies I made for co-workers who went out of their way to help me this year) but PT sessions are expensive and I wouldn't tip a trainer.
    Then again I wouldn't waste my money on a trainer

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

I'm thoughtful as well (um hello *kitten* ton of cookies I made for co-workers who went out of their way to help me this year) but PT sessions are expensive and I wouldn't tip a trainer.
    Some people are more thoughtful than others.

Since you're so thoughtful Zach, what would you get a trainer?

• SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it small. Maybe a workout journal?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just give cash! - I also give cash to the person at the desk that greets me by name several time a week at 5:30 in morning with a smile even though some days I don't smile back :D

I was taught that you tip for personal services, but any acknowledgment of their services would do.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Some people are more thoughtful than others.

I don't think that's being thoughtful, I think that's wasting money. If you're actually friends with the guy and want to get him something, then that's cool...but the OP obviously doesn't have that kind of relationship with the trainer, otherwise she wouldn't be asking what to get him.

I give presents to my mailman and my kid's teachers. I'm not giving someone a present whom I already have to pay for services!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nothing work out related. he's probably either really particular about his stuff, or is overly saturated in work out gifts. get him a starbucks gift card or something.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    It's an investment. :)

• dbmata
    Options
    Give a little hand made card good for one sleep over.
  • Aiko831
    Options
    I would go for some bodybuilding supplements- Protein, a pre-workout, post-workout.. If you go to an actual store, it'll be more expensive but you could get some good tips on what brand is more popular among bodybuilders.. ((one tip- If you go to Costco you can get a good deal... Opt for Whey protein or Muscle Milk. )) Most guys don't care what flavor it is, but try to pay attention to which one he drinks the most- if no idea opt for neutral flavors like vanilla.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

So's my personal home gym

• dbmata
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

So's my personal home gym

One I'm envious of. One day, maybe.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    If they went over and above what I paid them to do, I'd consider it.