80 10 10

Options
Any success stories? Tips or tricks to help? Did you gain weight for long before seeing results? Im a month in so far but im starting from a fairly lean state and dreding the morning wigh ins but so far i havnt gained more then 2 pounds wich im sure most of is water...any way, any thoughts?

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    This thread might not end well.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    aaron296 wrote: »
    Any success stories? Tips or tricks to help? Did you gain weight for long before seeing results? Im a month in so far but im starting from a fairly lean state and dreding the morning wigh ins but so far i havnt gained more then 2 pounds wich im sure most of is water...any way, any thoughts?

Are you talking Doug Graham or Caldwell Esselstyn and John McDougall?

• PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    uh oh....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That is a short phone number. Are you in a small country?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    That's where I have my macros set. I'm always over on my fats though, and usually slightly under on protein.

That being said, I was 80/10/10 and not limiting my calories = gained weight. You can get fat on a very low fat diet, and it isn't a magic bullet for weight loss. As for success, I'm just starting, but am having success with MFP. =)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    Apparently banana's are your friend and you'll probably have an uncontrollable urge to watch youtube.......seems to come with the territory.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like dr.John McDougall a lot, and I find I'm really full and happy eating a diet high in complex carbs, especially potatoes and beans.

I could never eat a fruit based diet because I don't live in an area of the USA that has cheap, ripe fruit year round.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't follow The starch solution perfectly, but as an overall way of eating... Because I like eating that way.

I still log and count calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty plant based, but I could never do this. It seems so unsustainable in the real world.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    I eat pretty plant based, but I could never do this. It seems so unsustainable in the real world.
    There's a fake world?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    There's a fake world?
    Yes. The one where someone can do 80 10 10 for more than a short time. How do you eat out? At a friends?
  • neanderthin
    Options
    There's a fake world?
    Yes. The one where someone can do 80 10 10 for more than a short time. How do you eat out? At a friends?
    I wasn't expecting a serious answer to my question, but thanks I appreciate the effort.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    There's a fake world?
    I wasn't expecting a serious answer to my question, but thanks I appreciate the effort.

That was more for the OP. :smile:
  • neanderthin
    Options
    There's a fake world?

That was more for the OP. :smile:
    Well his app is probably better than yours, so there.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Apparently banana's are your friend and you'll probably have an uncontrollable urge to watch youtube.......seems to come with the territory.

And quite possibly start to hang bananas off your clothing. =P

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have tried the diet well the mostly bananas diet and I couldn't recover doing heavy squats. I wasn't getting enough protein and my body remained sore for about 5 days where normally I would recover in a day or two with hardly any soreness.