Pain in my shoulders and knees

Options
becess96
becess96 Posts: 57 Member
edited December 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm doing Insanity but I couldn't complete this week because for some unknown reasons I woke up on Tuesday morning and my knees hurt so bad, and I can't raise my shoulders over my head. I didn't do anything weird, I was in week 7 of Insanity so it wasn't something new for me. I'm considering visiting a doctor but what they usually tell me is "rest" but I don't want to rest haha Is there something I can do ?

Replies

• zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you could spell out what your workout consists of, it might be easier to see what could be causing your pains. Most likely it's a combination of bad form and not enough warmups.

If your shoulders are inflamed, then you really need to see a doctor and rest until you get better or you risk wrecking them for life. If it is just general soreness from exercise, then a day or two of rest coupled with some light mobility work and stretching will be enough.

Aching knees usually come from running or jumping with bad form. Squats with knees not tracking properly outwards is another prime example of a knee-wrecking exercise. The same applies here, and especially if it is the joint itself that is sore: go see a doctor.
  • becess96
    becess96 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answer. Insanity is basically HIIT cardio, with jumps and push-ups and things like that. I'm sure my form is not the greatest because when you're tired your form gets a little sloppy but shouldn't this pain start 7 weeks ago when I started Insanity ?Also, the same thing happens if I jump rope, I stop because I feel "something" in my knees, not because I'm out of breath.