Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Come to MFP, they said.. There are kitten GIFs, they said..

Options

Replies

• fitcurves6693
    fitcurves6693 Posts: 3,401 Member
    Options
    Was that on Nat Geo? I think I might have seen some of that. It's true, they are the best at relaxing :)
    ejbronte wrote: »
    A nap sounds amazing-cats really do have the good life!
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

If anyone knows the tv series "Big Cat Diary", at one point, Jonathan Scott caught sight of one of his elusive leopards fast asleep on the branch of a tree. Turning to us, Jonathan remarked: "Nothing relaxes quite like a cat."

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    Was that on Nat Geo? I think I might have seen some of that. It's true, they are the best at relaxing :)
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

If anyone knows the tv series "Big Cat Diary", at one point, Jonathan Scott caught sight of one of his elusive leopards fast asleep on the branch of a tree. Turning to us, Jonathan remarked: "Nothing relaxes quite like a cat."
    According to my son who is masterful at trivia, mankind domesticated dogs hundreds of years ago by recognizing the potential usefulness of their nature and learning enough about canines to guide them into a subordinate role.

Mankind did not domesticate cats. Someone less cynical might suggest that cats domesticated themselves. I, however, believe the felines recognized our potential usefulness and learned enough about us to guide us into a subordinate role.

tumblr_nx5r47aabM1rwnxnho1_500.gif
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    tumblr_o37qnpvsCx1tyncywo1_400.gif
  • smantha32
    Options
    My mom's house.

tumblr_o37qleowih1tyncywo1_500.gif
  • UncleMac
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    My mom's house.

tumblr_o37qleowih1tyncywo1_500.gif

A classic case of Crazy Cat Lady-itis...

51824762.jpg
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

Yes, it was - and I have it automatically DVR'd, because I just enjoy this particular series so much I don't mind watching the same cheetahs, leopards and lions over and over again.
  • smantha32
    Options
    tumblr_o37qkxkioU1tyncywo1_500.gif
  • smantha32
    Options
    Timber!!

tumblr_o37qgxaLEg1tyncywo1_400.gif
  • fitcurves6693
    Options
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

Yes, it was - and I have it automatically DVR'd, because I just enjoy this particular series so much I don't mind watching the same cheetahs, leopards and lions over and over again.

Me too, the cubs are the cutest!
    tumblr_lxukp7feAb1r1lkdko1_500.gif
  • fitcurves6693
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

According to my son who is masterful at trivia, mankind domesticated dogs hundreds of years ago by recognizing the potential usefulness of their nature and learning enough about canines to guide them into a subordinate role.

Mankind did not domesticate cats. Someone less cynical might suggest that cats domesticated themselves. I, however, believe the felines recognized our potential usefulness and learned enough about us to guide us into a subordinate role.

Interesting concept, maybe they are actually grooming us to be their pets eventually!
    giphy.gif
  • UncleMac
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    cat4.gif?w=300&h=201

Interesting concept, maybe they are actually grooming us to be their pets eventually!
    giphy.gif
    That thought has occurred to me... usually as I'm cleaning the kitty litter...

Although mankind might not have sought out cats in the same way or for the same reason as we did dogs, now that the felines are in our orbit, with our usual penchant for selective breeding, we've changed cats.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Hey... I said no cameras!!

lolbrary.com_42383_1386353595.gif
  • smantha32
    Options
    tumblr_o37qgjohUY1tyncywo1_400.gif

tumblr_o37qgoGHbv1tyncywo1_400.gif

Maru
  • smantha32