getting periods after jumping Jack's

Options
I have noticed this many times whenever I do jumping Jack's I get my period within 48 hours. Literally! This time within 7 hours! I always have a late period problem n I myself want my periods to come on time and be heavy which they usually are not. But they are if I do jumping jacks. So should I continue dong jumping jacks or should I stop because this is not propper. Btw I am trying to loose weight

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes. See a doctor.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Correlation =/= Causation. But see a gynaecologist. When I was very overweight, I stopped having my periods.
  • joycemfp8
    joycemfp8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hope that this occurs only once a month, not all the time? Anyway, I don't think this is particularly worrying; exercise can actually speed up the arrival of your period - that is, if it is already pending. I think it has something to do with your heart rate increasing and pumping your blood around or something, not sure though.
    - If this does occur more than once a month, you should go and see a gynaecologist though.
  • mehv2
    mehv2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    joycemfp8 wrote: »
    I hope that this occurs only once a month, not all the time? Anyway, I don't think this is particularly worrying; exercise can actually speed up the arrival of your period - that is, if it is already pending. I think it has something to do with your heart rate increasing and pumping your blood around or something, not sure though.
    - If this does occur more than once a month, you should go and see a gynaecologist though.

No not more than a month. I don't do jumping jacks all the time anyways. I have noticed this happens usually when it is pending or my last period was 3 weeks ago. So its not that. But I use the treadmill and jog nothing happens from that just jumping jacks and even if I do only 50 it causes my periods to come.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Umm...it might be in your head? I mean, if you do jumping jacks in the middle of your cycle you won't just magically get your period, right? So if you do them close to the time you're supposed to get it, then you do...it seems hard to really be certain it was from the jumping jacks.

Are you in a healthy weight range?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. Maybe also take a statistics class...
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't think one has anything to do with the other, quite frankly. I mean, definitely talk to a doctor if you notice anything out of the ordinary, like spotting before or after your period, very painful or heavy periods, etc. But I don't think doing jumping jacks has anything to do with the onset of your period.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think one has anything to do with the other, quite frankly. I mean, definitely talk to a doctor if you notice anything out of the ordinary, like spotting before or after your period, very painful or heavy periods, etc. But I don't think doing jumping jacks has anything to do with the onset of your period.

More like coincidence.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    OP why do you want your periods to be heavy?
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I used to get mid-cycle spotting when I exercised. My OBGYN basically just told me that I had a very heavy uterine lining and my hormones were a little out of whack. Wound up having a uterine ablation that solved the problem. However, she mentioned that there could be a LOT of causes for that - everything from off kilter hormones to uterine polyps and more. So definitely see a doctor to make sure everything is as it should be.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It's most likely coincidence - you're exercising near to the end of your cycle and the period just starts on its own, it's got nothing to do with your jumping up and down!
    Also, you're only 18 so might not have settled into a regular cycle or flow yet, that's totally normal.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »

I am giving this post so much love <3

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »

I am giving this post so much love <3

73639-Jim-Carrey-takes-a-bow-gif-Tru-hcHP.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's so strange! I get mine when I walk backwards down the hallway and spin around counter clockwise, but only once a month, when my period is due.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote:
    :heart:
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with jumping jacks. You're getting your period monthly. I don't think I'd even see a doctor for that. Only if it happened every time you worked out, jumped up and down.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the majority on this one. Coincidence. Anything from 7 hours to 48 hours? Around the time you are already due?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm going with coincidence here.