VickieZureich
VickieZureich Posts: 37 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories

Replies

• VickieZureich
    edited December 2014
    Options
    From 2012 to 2013 I hit a low point in my life after caring for my ailing dad and fell into eating my emotions. I became a diabetic and that was a red flag for me. In October of 2013 joined the group T.O.P.S. (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly)for support and logged on with MFP. I actually gained another 21 pounds during Christmas of that year but in January 2014 decided it was time to get serious. Wearing a size 18W and weighing 242 pounds was feeling uncomfortable. I now am comfortable at a size 12 and weigh 182 pounds. I reached my goal through T.O.P.S. but still want to lose another 10 for leadway. When I began I went to my nutritionist through Kaiser and she put me on a low carbohydrate diet and I continued to go to my group support. Also going to water aerobics 4 times a week helped and it was so much fun! The weight started coming off and the better I felt, the more I determined I got. My husband helped by not bringing enticing foods he knew were my triggers and my daughter got involved and started meeting me at the gym...Now they are both avidly doing water aerobics and my husband is swimming laps...for the first time we're on the same page with our eating which is huge! Having My Fitness Pal and going on the Community has been a big booster that I have relied on when I have had slip-ups. At 63 I feel like I am in my 30's again and most importantly try to inspire others in their weight-loss journey.
  • ROSLE26
    ROSLE26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is astonishing! You look great.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You inspire me. I was 230 and eating my emotions because my hubby has/had pancreas cancer the last two years. He is doing well now but we never know when it could rear its ugly head again. Even so like you I MUST take some control over this weight gain. I felt my goal was also 60 to begin with then I will face what I have to. I too have given up my size 18. Will be good baggy garden pants. Size 16 is stand up only pants. LOL Maybe a few more pounds before I am comfortable in then. That is fine I still have 14 and 12 and 10.

You give me so much hope this can be done. Thank you for sharing. I am also going low carb and I was very happy to see your nutritionist said it would be a good idea for you. You look fantastic and so much younger than your 63. I am 65.

Chris

Gads you just do not know how much Joy your post brought to me.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great work, and thanks for posting. I am about the same size/weight as your start, and we're the same generation and gender, so this is very motivating for me. And by the way, you look at least ten years younger in your current photos. Kudos!
  • crystal_oo
    crystal_oo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I NEVER would have pegged you at 63! Congratulations!!!
  • Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss... you look fantastic!! :)
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep it up!!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.
  • VickieZureich
    Options
    Knowing I've inspired just one person is thrilling for me and thank you all for your kind words~
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed! Great work!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work and so wonderful that your family is involved. Great job!
  • allunits
    allunits Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not only do you look healthy and happy, but you look 15 years younger compared to your first picture. I am always astounded at how much younger people look after losing weight. I don't mean this in a young-is-better way, just as a point of fact.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome & beautiful...
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Look like a completely different person and so much younger in the after pic.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look about 20 years younger! GREAT WORK!
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I had the same success as you! I started at the beginning of this year with 60 pounds to lose and sadly do not think I will make it... I love food too much.

• vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look soo amazing!! Girl, my jaw dropped!! What great support you got from your family! That's awesome!! Keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!