How are you surviving the festive period

Options
13»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well with extra days off to me that means longer mornings- so yes- clearly 2 a day sex sessions is a minimum around the holidays- perfect time to get that extra cardio in.

I concur.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I am in a bulk until March 1st so I have been enjoying every minute of it...
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Since I haven't gone to any christmas parties or events, the only problem is the boxes of chocolates that work keeps putting out in the copy rooms. I stayed away from them today. Not so much last week.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Did Lol at your post JoRocka. Everyone seems to have their shizz all sorted. Hope you all have a lovely time
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm not making treats. Last year was easy because I couldn't indulge, so I didn't indulge. Made the treats, gave them away with only a few, "Woe is me, I can't eat it" moments.

This year, I know I'd eat them. So, I'm taking a year off. :grinning:

I may cave and make the Pumpkin bread, though. I can freeze it. :)
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I'll try to redo last year. ate all I wanted , wasn't on mfp so didn't log, worked out a bit more and danced my bottom off trying to lose as much as I could of what I probably had gained. Bottom line I ended up not gaining or losing anything at all over the holidays and was thrilled!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Lots of presents, a turkey gravy IV and play fighting with my nephews step kids :3
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Being a good girl during the week, naughty on the weekends, and working out a lot of course.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance now. Basically, I've been trying to eat under my calorie goal during the week, leaving myself a nice cushion so when I get to the weekends and the attendant holiday parties/dinners, I can go over on those days while still staying at or near the weekly goal.

this!
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    At work there's going to be a ton of my weakness - chocolate. It started today... my plan is to definitely have a few pieces but not go overboard and make these treats into a meal, like in previous years.

I have a dessert potluck coming up and instead of bringing something unhealthy I was thinking of making a healthy dessert of some sort, ideally gluten free.

The holidays are all about dodging bullets and turning potential mess-ups into an opportunity to reinforce your eating plan.
  • maryrichen
    Options
    I have been doing as I have been. Sugar cravings or cravings come and go. I will definitely not be as strict for Christmas dinner. That is one thing that I will enjoy but exercise so much to minimize the damage.