who else needs to lose 35-50lbs?

Options
who else needs to lose 35-50lbs. I already lost 17 but i still need 35 and it gets rough. I have to make myself accountable so i made a challenge group to show myself and others how much our bodies can change in 1 month. But still, 35 lbs left and it feels like it's going to be a stubborn 35lbs.

Replies

• cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep. When you get closer to your goal weight, it seems like it gets harder to lose the weight. It's very frustrating. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I need to lose another 40 to reach my goal weight. I'm nearly halfway there.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    37ish left to lose here. Feel free to add :) Strength in numbers, and all that jazz :tongue:
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm down 26 and need to lose at least 30 more. Gets harder to burn the calories the smaller you get. But it is a must!
  • CheyenneTLE10
    Options
    Just starting out on my weight loss goals, but I'd like to lose 50 lbs - maybe less if I start to feel comfortable at a lower weight. Motivation is what throws me every time I "start" though. . .any tips for motivation?
  • hookedonfitbit
    hookedonfitbit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 and then go further if I can. I've yoyoed all my life. I'm hooked on fitbit, and MFP and have been doing it diligently for one month. I'm frustrated a bit as I'm not losing so much. I've lost between 4-6 pounds depending on the day. I know my clothes are fitting differently and I feel fitter, but I thought I'd have lost 10 pounds as I'm eating right, I'm not overeating and I'm exercising. I'm eating the daily calorie allotment from MFP and am wondering if I should use fitbit as the calories are lower. I am only supposed to eat the calories they say right? Congrats to the first poster for having lost 30+, that's awesome. I did Atkins at the beginning of the year and lost 10lbs quickly but gained it back fast with 5 more pounds as a present. grrr.
  • kag896
    kag896 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 left to lose give or take. This is my summer project. I'm hoping to keep up an 8-10 pound a month weight loss.
  • jacz83
    jacz83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start again with my motivation with weight loss. Let a few rough patches derail me. I would like to lose at least 30 pounds. I actually just read this article on yahoo--- about Jennifer Aniston's yoga approach. In that article, they mention short term goal setting. I find value in that idea, because frankly, the thought of losing a toddler size body portion freaks me out/is overwhelming. It is going to be my goal to set a short term goal each month that builds. :bigsmile:
    Wish me luck!

If you are motivating--- I need you as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 50lbs exactly! been doing cardio for three weeks and eating right but so far have lost 4 pounds only or may be 3.5:/ i think it should've been more... how long will it exactly take to lose 50lbs... any idea?
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Down 30 with another 25-30 to go :)
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that. Down 20, up 5, plaaaaaatttteeeeeaaaaauuuuu.... and I know it's because I haven't been motivated enough, and I have tons of excuses ;) Back to determined and down 3 so far...
  • justsolovely
    Options
    my goal is to lose 65-70 lbs .
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Need 30 More!!
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 50lbs exactly! been doing cardio for three weeks and eating right but so far have lost 4 pounds only or may be 3.5:/ i think it should've been more... how long will it exactly take to lose 50lbs... any idea?

Assume roughly 1lb/week as a rough guideline. You may have some weeks where you'll lose less, some weeks where you lose more. But if you're going with the 1lb/week MFP recommendation and you stick to your intake (that's the important part) by not going over, you'll move down that path. Throw in some good exercise / fitness there and you may speed it up some but without knowing your activity level, motivation/determination, etc, everything is just a rough estimate.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I'm down 14 so far and am feeling tired of watching my calorie intake already. It doesn't get easier but it's good to see the hard work paying off. In fighting this battle, I hope to keep it off this time, just like all the other times... but I'm serious this time. My body's getting older and it's getting harder and harder to get rid of the cellulite. It's an everyday struggle but my first step is to continually log my food intake and that helps make me accountable.
  • pananny
    pananny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I began my earnest weight loss journey at TOPS on July 7 2009 - I lost very consistently and by December 2010 I had lost 50 pounds.....slowly gained back about 20 pounds but I'm back and trying very hard to lose the 55 pounds I have left to goal of 165. I'm going to try to take it all off this year 2013....I belong to TOPS and I'd love to graduate to KOPS at the IRD in Milwaukee WI next July......I had complete knee replacement surgery on May 1 so I'm right in the middle of recuperating from that. I should be able to walk a couple miles once again after that has healed. I'm using myfitnesspal and hope that keeps me actively pursuing my goal. I'd be glad to communicate to others that are on their way to lose that last 35-50 pounds.
  • lizbeth926
    lizbeth926 Posts: 43
    Options
    Need to lose about 40 lbs to meet my individual goal weight. It gets harder as it gets closer to that goal! I've plateaued this last 2 weeks and can understand frustration! I've lost 10 lbs so far!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I still have 35 to go and I think it will be tough but I am ready to do it!
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on my weight loss goals, but I'd like to lose 50 lbs - maybe less if I start to feel comfortable at a lower weight. Motivation is what throws me every time I "start" though. . .any tips for motivation?

What I use as motivation is the thought of shopping in regular mall stores. I've worn between size 14-18 (depending on the store) for about 6 years. It's hard going to regular mall stores and finding something that fits right and is fashionable. So my motivation is shopping and overall health. I like not feeling so stuffed into my clothes.
  • thenextstep
    Options
    I'd like to lose 30-40 more pounds. I carry most of my weight in my stomach.