Need to loose 80 pounds to donate part of my liver to my son

Options

Replies

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thoughts going out to you on your journey - congrats on that first ten pounds, and keep strong!! friend request sent.
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I wish you all the best :)
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    All the best to you!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers sent your way! Never give up! ; )
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really hoping everything goes well for you and your son.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Know going in that the journey will include bumps along the way. Losing weight is anything but exactly linear. No matter what happens, NEVER GIVE UP! If you have a bad day, reset and go back and kick it's butt afterwards. You've got this brother. I sent you a FR. I'm excited to follow your progress.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow, bless you & your little boy. If that's not motivation for someone to lose weight then I don't know what is. I would love to be your friend on here and help in any way I can.. o:)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dont think you would need any more motivation than this. If you need to lose 80lb, then its unrealistic to expect yourself to get anywhere near that in a few months, so bear that in mind, lest you disappoint yourself. If you are really going to go for very heavy weight loss, then be sure to keep it safe and do it in co ordination with your Dr, so they can check you do it safely. Best wishes and im sure everyone here is both moved by your story and rooting for you. Be sure to get a big circle of mfp friends and ask when you arent sure.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Best wishes. I know you will succeed for your little boy :)
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You a Super Dad :). Proud of you :). You can do this :). My dad had a heart transplant in May 1994, so I know how precious the gift is :). *hugs you
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You have never had a greater motivation to lose weight than this! You WILL succeed!
    Stay at a calorie deficit each day and try to be patient. Do NOT try to lose too fast because it will weaken you physically and that will not help your child if you are too weak to have the surgery.
    I WILL pray for you baby and for you to lose the weight needed to be his donor!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Go for it! o:) (too bad we don't have a pom-pom smiley!)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You can do this! All the best to you and your family.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a girl on you tube, miss pink... Something like that, who lost 20/month doing elliptical everyday for long periods of time. Her dad is a doctor, she's healthy & it all came off quickly. God bless you, your son and your family. I am praying for you all.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to both you and your son! As a father, I can't imagine the emotional turmoil you're going through even though my twins did start life off in the NICU as preemies.
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best for you and your family. I don't think I've heard a better reason to lose weight and get into shape. Good luck.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best for you and your family. I don't think I've heard a better reason to lose weight and get into shape. Good luck.

+1 You can do this!
  • LanelleD
    Options
    Wow! You can do this! I would love to friend you and send encouragements and follow your progress. Here's a tip: protein drinks. I use premier protein shakes (can get them at Costco). They fill you up, and are good for you. I drank 4 a day, and had one small meal at dinner time of a lean meat (mostly fish) and a small salad or veggie. I lost almost 27lbs in a month. Also be sure to take good vitamins!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you because we need a talk. We'll help each other.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Best wishes to you and your son