T25 but no results

Options
I am doing T25 for the past 3 weeks and havent seen much results. I am not following their meal plan , just counting calories just maintaining a weekly deficit. Did not lose any weight. lost only half inch from waist, half an inch from legs. Its not an easy workout for me coz I end up panting and dripped in sweat. I wonder if I am missing something?

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    How are you counting calories? Are you using a scale?

A half inch in three weeks is pretty good progress.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am counting calories but i prefer not to use scales as I do not want to be too obsessive over it. It worked well till now. Lately I am having trouble. I am ok with not losing weight though as long as I see changes in body. But I expected better results as I am feeling I am working pretty hard. I got better results with ripped in 30 before and I did not feel it was as challenging as T25 for me.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? Maybe you are overestimating calories burned. Also you should really use a food scale. There's not too much of a point trying to count calories if they aren't accurate. I would at least weight meat and calorie dense things like peanut butter etc. Good luck :)
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't long enough to really feel/see results. Give it another 2-3 weeks or so and then judge - but hopefully you'll be fitter and leaner by then.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It sounds like you have made good progress so far.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've found when I have done strenuous workouts or started a new routine around 2-3 weeks I feel like I've lost nothing, and then 1-2 weeks later I start seeing progress at a faster rate
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't long enough to really feel/see results. Give it another 2-3 weeks or so and then judge - but hopefully you'll be fitter and leaner by then.

• FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any major results for most of Alpha round (first 5 weeks) and I only noticed my yoga pants were a little loose, and my was stamina up. However, in Beta! Oh man! When I finished beta I was quite a few inched down, like 3 inches off waist and 2 off my hips (which brings me to a 40 inch hip for the first time in years...)! Only 8 lbs down, but now my yoga pants are really loose and kinda falling down! I love the muscle I am seeing!

Give it time, and just wait to see the little changes. They really add up. I also recommend the food scale. I got one a few weeks back (some time during T25...) and I like knowing I am super accurate with what's going in me :) When you finish Beta, you will hopefuly see enough results that it will push you forward into GAMMA! With me!! lol.
  • How much do you have to lose?

The reason I ask is that it is possible that you had better results with Ripped in 30 because it was first and you had more room for improvement?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Using a scale to weigh my food is no more obsessive than using a calculator to balance my checkbook. Knowing the facts does not have to become an obsession. In general, weight loss is caused by deficit eating.
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    I think inches can be just as important as weight. I know it's tempting to want dramatic results fast, but these things take time. As long as you're eating at a deficit, it sounds like you're doing fine and that more visible progress is going to come if you keep at it.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you want results, do kettleWorx.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you're still in Alpha, so you're just building your base. OTOH, the calorie burn from a T25 workout is only a couple-three hundred calories, depending on your body weight, so weight loss is mostly going to be from your eating calorie deficit. The T25 is going to really help your stamina and muscle conditioning, 'tho, so as you lose weight you'll have something solid underneath.
  • sola24
    Options
    I didn't see any major results for most of Alpha round (first 5 weeks) and I only noticed my yoga pants were a little loose, and my was stamina up. However, in Beta! Oh man! When I finished beta I was quite a few inched down, like 3 inches off waist and 2 off my hips (which brings me to a 40 inch hip for the first time in years...)! Only 8 lbs down, but now my yoga pants are really loose and kinda falling down! I love the muscle I am seeing!

Give it time, and just wait to see the little changes. They really add up. I also recommend the food scale. I got one a few weeks back (some time during T25...) and I like knowing I am super accurate with what's going in me :) When you finish Beta, you will hopefuly see enough results that it will push you forward into GAMMA! With me!! lol.

This gives me a lot of hope.. :) Surely I am gonna push forward and see how it turns out. I want to complete beta by 16th of Jan, thats when I am going to my hometown for my friends wedding and I wanna look fit :D

• sola24
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?

The reason I ask is that it is possible that you had better results with Ripped in 30 because it was first and you had more room for improvement?

That is quite possible as I had more to lose during Ripped in 30. I am 5ft and I weigh 111 lbs. I dont really have much to lose. But I am skinny fat and very very flabby. Actually I can do away without losing anything but I want inch loss.
  • sola24
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    As others have said, you're still in Alpha, so you're just building your base. OTOH, the calorie burn from a T25 workout is only a couple-three hundred calories, depending on your body weight, so weight loss is mostly going to be from your eating calorie deficit. The T25 is going to really help your stamina and muscle conditioning, 'tho, so as you lose weight you'll have something solid underneath.

You are right. I am tiny and I burn only 120-130 calories per session of T25. which is very less.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sola24 wrote: »
    How much do you have to lose?

That is quite possible as I had more to lose during Ripped in 30. I am 5ft and I weigh 111 lbs. I dont really have much to lose. But I am skinny fat and very very flabby. Actually I can do away without losing anything but I want inch loss.

Hmmmm. A 22% BMI is already getting down there for a woman. I'm not sure a program that is primarily cardio is nature would be appropriate for you. More than anything, you really need to add muscle. Have you considered some real strength training (Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength)? Also, your protein macro goal looks very low for someone trying to pack on muscle -- I'd recommend something closer to 90 grams per day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait- you lost inches and you're complaining?
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    wait- you lost inches and you're complaining?
    That was my thought. I did 60 days of PiYo and lost 2.5" from my waist. She did 21 days of T25 and has already lost .5". And I'm betting I started off bigger than her.. Which makes me think her progress so far is pretty awesome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LOL- If I lost a half an inch in 6 weeks I'd be thrilled. LOL