NSV - out of the closet

Options
I headed down to the basement this morning and started sorting through old suits that have been down there a decade. I was never a fashion horse, but I was immediately reminded that I used to dress well; lots of Hickey Freeman and Hart Schafner Marx. In recent years, I've bought garbage. I didn't want to spend money on clothes that still wouldn't look good and I didn't want to acknowledge my new size, especially where I knew I would quickly outgrow whatever I bought.

I started trying things on and was surprised to find several old suits that fit. I then went up to my closet and tried on my more recent purchases. (Crappy) suits that were too small for me 4 months ago were now hopelessly large. They're not good enough quality to warrant tailoring, so i guess I'll just give them to charity.

I'm actually excited at the thought of wearing a 15 year old suit to a business meeting tomorrow. However, i am quite uncertain whether I can start wearing my old double-breasteds. If any of you follow men's fashion, feel free to chime in on how out of fashion iI'd be.

It feels good to take a little pride in my appearance for the first time in years.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!