Tips and tricks

Options
2»

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals a day, while saving ~200 calories for the end of the day. Those 200 calories are my calories that I can use to eat anything I want (usually ice cream or popcorn). It gives me my evening treat, while being planned for throughout the day.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I schedule my exercise as if I was scheduling a doctor or dentist appointment. When my phone reminder goes off, I know it's time to exercise (if I haven't already done so that day). I have also become a label reader in the grocery store. I didn't realize how many foods including so called "healthy" foods have a whopping amount of sodium and sugars. I also include a 300-400 calorie buffer in my food diary for an evening treat if I want, but will always log my treat, even if I forget the night before. Trying to make logging and exercising part of a normal routine takes work, but it's worth it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I believe in an "eat what you like" approach. Not meaning eat whatever you want whenever, but I mean know your tastes and your likes and dislikes and work WITH it instead of against it.

I.E. if you don't particularly care for sweets don't try to make sweet protein drinks part of your daily intake. And vice versa: if you have a sweet tooth, try to find healthy sweets and don't make all savory items the bulk of your diet. Just a small thing that I found works for me.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Fat helps keep me satisfied. Just remember it has lots of calories so a little goes a long way.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I Pre-log and weigh and measure everything. It doesn't go in until its logged.
    I make room daily for a treat and don't believe in going without something I crave.
    If you happen to go over, log it and move on.
    Yes!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when it hits, I will go absolutely balls *kitten* nuts on Twix bars. I've switched out any sweets in the house for greek yogurt, or maybe a slice of wheat bread with a dollop of peanut butter. Stuff like that seems to work well when I'm looking for something sweet.

If I'm going out, I'll research food items off of the menu first. If the restaurant has no nutritional information on their website, I will try to log each item in a dish individually to the best of my ability, and then quick add a couple hundred calories to round out any discrepancy.