• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use IntervalTimer to time my runs.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you mean GPS tracking, there are a few:

Runkeeper is pretty well established, has a decent range of features and some good third party services. I've found it reliable.

Endomondo is pretty powerful, and the subscription version gives you access to some very good analysis tools and the ability to customise training plans to the days you can train. It'll also give you a fitness test and tune the plan to your current level fo fitness.

Strava is a bit more serious user, doesn't have a training plan option at all but very good analysis and linkages.

MapMyFitness is a suite of apps, all doing similar things for different sports, whereas the previous three will performn for whatever you want. Personally I've found it unreliable and inconsistent with sync issues most prevalent, however others on here seem to like it.

Runtastic is comparable in terms of performance but it's very limited in the free version and keeps trying to upsell midrun. It's expensive and I found that it killed my battery very quickly.

I've used all of those, and would personally recommend Endomondo or Runkeeper for entry level. Nowadays I use a Garmin, but send the results to Endomondo, Runkeeper and Strava for different purposes.

Good summary there.

I use mapmyrun to plan out routes when time/distance/elevation matters to me (like runs on my lunch break), but I use Strava to actually track the run if I'm not using my garmin.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use MyMyFitness, tracking either runs or cycles. (I started with MapMyRun and MapMyCycle, until I found that this one covers them all).

Tracks my route (which I vary on whim), tells me at each KM reached.
    Before or after my run, I can also look at other routes that people in my area take, what their distance and speed rates are too.

At the moment I've turned off the syncing to MFP - I get this from C25K app which I feel currently has a more accurate calorie breakdown of the walking and running.

When I finish that by the end of the month, then I'll only use MMF.