Need chicken ideas!

Options
aerome
aerome Posts: 171 Member
What do you add to your chicken to make it more tasty without adding a lot of calories. I'm avoiding processed stuff and sugar, so BBQ sauce is, sadly, out. :(

Seasonings? Or other ideas?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I like using this recipe

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-lemon-chicken/?sitepref=ar
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great sauce recipes in the Paleo diet that should be fine for you just google Paleo diet sauces, I cooked a bunch of chicken breasts in the slow cooker the other night after they were cooked I pulled them apart with a fork and added a Paleo sweet and sour sauce. It was great, kids had them on whole wheat rolls, I put some in large lettuce leaves and rolled them up, lots of protein and healthy carbs
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just add lemon or spices. I'm an indifferent cook. ;-/ I like chicken plain as lonf as it's not dry. I started grilling it in a ProctorSilex grill and it's super fast and moist.
  • petehearne518
    Options
    chicken and rice, chicken wrap, chicken stew
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to make chicken is a thin coating of whatever mayo you use, chicken seasoning (I use Simply Organic, but Montreal Chicken or any of the McCormick ones would work too), garlic powder, and then Parmesan cheese sprinkled over that like a coating. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes until the top is browned and chicken is done. If you don't eat dairy, I have used almond meal and also a combination of almond meal and Parmesan tastes great too. It isn't terrible if you make sure you measure everything and use mayo sparingly. Never dry, even if you overcook it!
  • tsstarr
    tsstarr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use blackened seasoning.
  • xtiansalcedo
    xtiansalcedo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Similar to Cindy's above, sometimes I'll coat boneless skinless chicken breasts with dijon mustard, then roll them in a mixture of bread crumbs and crushed garlic.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Wing sauce.
    A lot of Buffalo varieties are low or no calorie.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    There is a chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce recipe somewhere on the blog section of this site. I modified it (won't be serving with noodles, using dried thyme instead of fresh tarragon--personal preference, & plain white mushrooms). Planning on making it for tonight's dinner, with brown rice & spinach.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OMG Thai chicken salad
    garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, soy sauce, loads of fresh mint and coriander and lime juice - eat it in lettuce leaves

googled a recipe - but I'm more of a throw it in and check cook
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4753/thai-minced-chicken-salad
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    https://hoobears.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/belizean-chicken-stew-coconut-rice/

I serve the stewed chicken with regular steamed brown rice. It's really good and super easy!
  • Curveegirl40
    Curveegirl40 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Steamed diced chicken with broccoli and quinoa seasoned with onion & garlic powders and Italian seasoning..
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Make your own BBQ-like chicken:
    In a large pot, sauttee an onion, bell pepper and a few cloves of garlic
    Blend together (in blender) 1/3 can chipotle in adobo sauce + 1 can tomatoes - partly drained.
    Add the tomato/chipotle blend and 1lb cooked shredded chicken to the sautteed onions and peppers. Throw in 3 tbs maple syrup, an ounce or two of bourbon or rum, and 1/3 sm. can tomato paste, salt to taste and I put a bit of sweet vermouth in there too. Let it cook down, and you have BBQ-like chicken without all the high fructose corn syrup. At about 150 calories per serving, it's pretty filling. I serve it with polenta and sour cream and sometimes an egg if I'm really hungry.
  • manthonyw
    Options
    Throw it in the garbage and get some fish, beef or pork!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have chicken is with paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a smidge of cayenne pepper rubbed in, seared on both sides then baked. That was my breakfast this morning.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Parmesan Cheese Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
    boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
    ¾ cup Egg/egg substitute (or more as needed)
    ¾ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese (or more as needed)
    Pam

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Trim all fat off chicken breasts

Spray cookie sheet with Pam

Dip chicken breast in egg/egg substitute

Dip chicken breast in Parmesan cheese

Place on greased cookie sheet

Repeat for each chicken breast

Cook at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    chicken is fuel...pat it dry... dust it with black pepper a little sea salt on both sides... then into a hot pan with a bit of extra virgin olive oil... sear it on both sides.. turn the heat down...take about 2 tablespoons of water.. pour it onto the chicken then cover with a lid...

slice it or cube it.. toss it on a salad... food is fuel...
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my favorite is cilantro and lime pesto with my chicken
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I just bake it. I season it one of 4 ways: 1) with lemon pepper, 2) sea salt and rosemary, 3) spread a little Dijon mustard over it. 4) if I use the mustard, I sometimes then coat it with grated Parmesan cheese...this tastes even better than bread crumbs and adds no carbs.