Options
2»

Replies

• DavidS52
    DavidS52 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    mdove3411 wrote: »
    I am wanting to get a fitness tracker but I am undecided on which to get? I have questions about them. I was looking at the Garmin Vivofit then I read that it doesn't track your calorie burn for all workouts only steps/jogging. Is this true and if so which one does count the calories burned in a wide range of workouts? I am doing research and I don't know If I am understanding right but it seems like if its paired with a HRM then it will tell you the calories burned during a workout... is this true?

Please don't hijack this thread - your question isn't relevant to the OP. Additionally, there are 100s of threads about various trackers, pro and cons, etc.

Really? are you serious, you are doing exactly the same thing in your other discussion. Get real.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    DavidS52 wrote: »
    You slammed mdove for not being on topic for asking a question related to the topic and yet you are resolving someone else's problem on their HRM / Phone that does not answer the topics question.

Question, vs implied question.

The original question identified a preamble that was along the lines of "current product doesn't work"... It's clear from the ongoing discussion that the current product does work, but was subject to a different problem.

I don't recall any recent threads about an H7 not working because the app in use wasn't appropriate for it. As upthread, pretty much every second thread at the moment is about whether a Fitbit One is better than a Garmin 920XT or not.

:)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I have now installed Endomondo (rated like 9.8/10) on my phone to sync with the HRM and I did get it to sync yesterday- so we will see if it continues to work.

Endomondo is a good package, and worth the £20pa for the premium version as it has dynamic training plans, deep analysis and of course it adds the HR trace to the route information.