2,200 calories.

I finished today at 2,200 calories, which is way over my goal of 1,500. I couldn't stop myself from eating. I limited myself to clean foods all day and then around dinner time I had some cheese... then peanut butter... then a couple of protein bars... ice cream... chocolate. And I couldn't stop! I feel so out of control with my eating lately (I have been overeating quite a lot recently). I completed my entry for today, and apparently I'm under my maintenance goal. I just feel like such a failure... (ps. sorry I keep posting about my struggles in this forum).

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    If you are eating under the maintenance allotment, then not sure what the problem maybe.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    If you are under maintenance you are still losing weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Sounds like your deficit might be to large. Just a guess though.

Why do you feel like a failure?
    - Because you went over your calories? Deficit is probably too large. As long as your staying under your maintenance you will still lose weight. It's only time to worry when eating over maintenance becomes a regular occurrence.
    - Because you didn't stick to whatever you define as "clean" eating? Maybe it's not the thing for you.
  • simply33
    simply33 Posts: 6 Member
    don't beat yourself up for this, the fact that you posted shows a strong ability to face up to what you need to do... but remember: do not use the Forum as a place to confess and feel better, accept and move on (or jog on if you want to burn more calories!! :smile: )
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    You have mentioned before that you are recovering from an eating disorder, I would suggest speaking with your therapist about these feelings