Mussels
    Spam
    Brussel sprouts
    Tofu
    Seitan
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I've never had bear, elk, sea urchin, broccoli raab, or any egg other than chicken.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell
    Shrimp
    Sardines
    Caviar
    Oysters
    Clams
    Scallops
    Mussels
    Spam
    Brussel sprouts
    Tofu
    Seitan

Stir fried Spam and Brussels is lush :-)

• drenze
    drenze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten brains, eyes, or "sheep/cow fries." I wish I could say I've never eaten tripe, but alas, I've tried it.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've eaten lots of strange things but since i joined the forums i discovered that there's a whole word of alternatives that i never heard of.

I've never had:
    Quinoa
    Basmati
    Seitan
    Tofu (just tried it recently)
    and a load of other things along those lines...

But i have eaten some of the crazy stuff some of you listed and Bambi, Thumper, Rocky, and pretty much anything else that runs wild in Pennsylvania has passed my lips.

Also i have had a local dish that is a stomach stuffed with odd meats like liver and heart and some other stuff that is then boiled in beer. What's worse than what goes in it is the name, they are called *kitten* which i think means meat ball in polish.
  • CarrieCans
    Options
    Keeta83 wrote: »
    Tripe...just yuk!

Agreed!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    So much disdain for our shelled edibles! I love clams, scallops, oysters, mussels, and the like. :)

Never tried sardines. The jelly they're packed in puts me off.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Porteresia coarctata - Bangladeshi wild rice.

Turducken.

I have had quinoa; use it as you would couscous; it just takes a little longer to cook. Try red Quinoa.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lima beans and butter beans. Gross.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I know there's lots of food that I haven't eaten, simply because I haven't heard of it. But the ones that come to mind and I know I haven't eaten them are insects (I know they're always talking about bits and pieces of insects being in our food, but I never said "I'm going to eat this ant") and Vegemite.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've never had a burger from any fast food restaurant (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc.)

Never??!!!! :o

Never! I've always opted for chicken nuggets or a chicken sandwich and I'm a creature of habit.

Not to mention, I don't eat condiments, lettuce, pickles, sliced tomatoes, etc and a plain burger patty on a bun isn't really appealing (specifically at fast food restaurants since their patties are always so thin and kind of pathetic looking compared to how they look in commercials).
  • UticaBoy86
    Options
    Any Organ Meat
  • CarrieCans
    Options
    So much disdain for our shelled edibles! I love clams, scallops, oysters, mussels, and the like. :)

I was surprised to see so many that haven't tried more of the gifts from the sea. At times i wish i lived close to the ocean just so i could eat more of it all. Seafood is way overpriced where i am.

Canned Sardines are gross, right up there with any potted type meat like canned Salmon. Must be fresh!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    I know there's lots of food that I haven't eaten, simply because I haven't heard of it. But the ones that come to mind and I know I haven't eaten them are insects (I know they're always talking about bits and pieces of insects being in our food, but I never said "I'm going to eat this ant") and Vegemite.

Yeah, this. I actually have had cricket and mopane worm, but never vegemite. I also have not had kumis (and plenty of other things I've never thought about eating or happened to read about).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »

I was surprised to see so many that haven't tried more of the gifts from the sea. At times i wish i lived close to the ocean just so i could eat more of it all. Seafood is way overpriced where i am.

Canned Sardines are gross, right up there with any potted type meat like canned Salmon. Must be fresh!

Haha. I do love some spam though. I can't help it. :P

I've been landlocked my entire life, but I've been to plenty of ocean type places, including Hawaii. There's a world of difference between today's fresh catch directly from off the dock, and today's fresh catch that has been packed in ice before taking a few hundred mile ride inland.

My entire family hates all seafood other than maybe haddock, or cod in their fish fry. They absolutely cannot stomach when I eat sushi around them, and make me leave the room. lol
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to shellfish, so lobster. (Also, I think they look like cockroaches so even if I didn't risk my throat closing up . . .)

I've never had quinoa either. It's on my I'll-try-it-someday list.

Yellow tomatoes. I started to buy some once but my mom called and when I told her about them, she said they were gross. But I have a tomato tart recipe around here somewhere that I'd like to make one day . . .

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    (Throw it in a rice cooker for 15 minutes, it's actually really good and versatile.)

I haven't eaten brains, besides the ick factor the idea of eating 1000% of the rda of cholesterol in one serving makes me wonder who would think it was a good idea.

Zombies!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »

Haha. I do love some spam though. I can't help it. :P

I've been landlocked my entire life, but I've been to plenty of ocean type places, including Hawaii. There's a world of difference between today's fresh catch directly from off the dock, and today's fresh catch that has been packed in ice before taking a few hundred mile ride inland.

My entire family hates all seafood other than maybe haddock, or cod in their fish fry. They absolutely cannot stomach when I eat sushi around them, and make me leave the room. lol

That's baffling to me, I make sushi at least once a week. I would only eat seafood if it wasn't prohibitively expensive. I was surprised by all the people listing off seafood too. I don't care for sardines or any canned seafood either, especially salmon my mom used it a lot when I was young and it wasn't even fully cleaned and it had bones and skin. She just mixed it all up into fishcakes or stuffed tomatoes. :p If we can't get a fillet (that hasn't been refrozen like 3 times) we just wait until it's in season again.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten and will never eat Fugu (pufferfish) ... too scared !! :o