Advice for getting out of a slump?

Options
I've been in a slump for a little while now and it's mainly because I've been really busy with school and on top of that it's the holidays. While I have for the most part been able to stay within my calorie goal, my macros are incredibly off. I know that I need to work on munching less and eating more protein. Any other advice?

Replies

• KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just try not to slide too far. If your calories are on point, fix one macro at a time and just give yourself a little slack since it's the holiday season. Focus on school, and if you find yourself with a free day or a few hours, try to go ahead and prep or plan the next 2-3 meals anyway. Even one good meal being prepared saves me from declaring "POPTARTS FOR DINNER, EVERYONE!"
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    For me the first step is to get over it. I have to stop beating myself up and letting the way I ate yesterday effect the way I eat today. Each new day, each new meal is a chance to start again. You just have to keep pushing forward and say "no" to stuff. Someone offers you a candy bar, say no. That power will have a trickle effect and as you start feeling better about your decisions, the healthier choices become easier to make.

I stop "munching" or "tasting" things by logging everything that goes into my mouth. No guessing or allowing myself to eat something because I did x, y, z, etc.

Best of luck and just keep pushing forward!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't be hard on yourself. We all have times where we struggle. The really successful people are the ones that stumble and fall, get back up, and keep on going.

Remember your why. Why are you walking this journey? I'm not talking about to lose weight or whatever your goals are. I'm talking about why do you want to reach those goals. What will reaching them do for you? What will it let you do that you cannot do now? How will it make you feel?

Also, find a rock solid support group that will be there to give you help and encouragement when you are having troubles. I help to run a great support group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.

Allan