any fellow M.E sufferers out there?

Options
I have M.E and cannot exercise much due to it, so I rely on my diet mainly for my weight loss (which was caused my having to take meds for other illnesses). I used to be a very active person before M.E struck, now I am mainly housebound except for when my husband can take me out at the weekends. I would love to get to know any other people with M.E for support, advice and to just not feel so alone

Replies

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello. Yes, we do seem to appear on MFP from time to time. (Try typing M E or Chronic Fatigue in the search button)....

I'm sorry your illness is having such an impact on you... I am not so ill (tho lost job, reduced my life markedly) - are you getting good medical advice?

Have you got the energy to start a support group on MFP? I don't think there is one....
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have chronic fatigue syndrome, I've had it for the last 21 years. I have improved over the years but still can't work full-time and usually have a nap in the early afternoon. Send me a message or two if you want.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I have CFS. I can exercise if I do it first thing in the morning, but I have to have an afternoon nap. I cannot work full-time.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I believe that having CFS contributed to my gaining weight. From the ages of 25-29, I was gaining about 1kg a year. When I got CFS at the age of 29, I started gaining about 1kg a month. Initially I thought that it was because my metabolism had slowed down because of all of the lying in bed I was having, it took me a few years to realise that was wrong, I eat more when I am tired, and it would be fair to say that I'm tired 100% of the time.
  • DeeGreen1978
    DeeGreen1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your replies, sorry it took so long to read them. I saw a specialst yesterday, I already take the best meds m=for m.e that I take for other illnesses. i'm a lot more ill than I thought. not only do I have m.e but I also have an ear disease and he thinks I have viruses and diseases that are riddling my body and as my immune system is low I am not able to fight them off. so I am being tested for everything, right down to my bones, over the next few months. my husband and I bought a sewing machine today and I have dug out my arts and crafts supplies and also borrowed some from a friend. my horse riding gear has gone in the attic as every time I looked at it I felt so low knowing I cant go anymore. it I my passion. I had a PIP assessment and they say i'm not ill enough to get it!!! this is despite bad m.e and five mental illnesses!!! so we are appealing and also telling them about the ear disease and viruses and diseases that I have and am being tested for. I am too tired to set up a group on here, it would be nice to be a part of one though. I hope you are all doing okay, mamapeach910 I absolutely love your hair x