Help! 500 cal meal ideas needed pls...

Have run low on ideas for meals in the 500 cal range... also, any pics of what the portion size would look like would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Try Skinnytaste website... I have not made anything off there that has not been fantastic!
    In fact.. making Cheeseburger casserole tonight!
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    look for some black bean burger recipes...those are filling and can be around 500 calories depending on what you have with it and the type of bread you use (if any).

• PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Turkey, Sun-dried Tomatoes, & Chickpea salad; it's one of my favorites! A little more than 300 calories.. will depend on brands used, etc:

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/11/06/turkey-sun-dried-tomatoes-chickpea-mason-jar-salad/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Some kind of grilled or roasted/baked meat, poultry, or fish with a side of some kind of starch or grain/seed (brown rice, sweet potato, potato, quinoa, etc) and a heaping helping of the veg of your choice (I generally prefer roasted.

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Two Corn Tortillas, Taco Sized - 100 Calories
    Two Large Eggs, Scrambled - 140 Calories
    1 TSP Vegetable Oil for Scrambling - 40 Calories
    28 g Shredded Colby Jack - 120 Calories
    Whatever raw or cooked vegetables you want, and/or salsa/hot sauce, for your remaining 80 calories. I like peppers and onions.

Hold them like tacos or stack everything up on a plate.