Fitness band or Running Watch

Options
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I am really interested in getting a fitness band that syncs in with MyFitnessPal but I love to run so I'm also interested in getting like a running watch with a GPS/Heart rate moniter. I really like the Polar RCX3 but wouldn't want something if it did not sync in with MyFitnessPal. Can someone give me advice with if Polar syncs with MFP or if there are any other GPS/Heart rate moniter watches that do? I like the fitbits but they do not have a GPS/Heart rate moniter for running.
Thoughts?

Thanks everyone! :)
Nicole

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting to track your distance/pace then get a GPS watch. If you're more concerned about how many steps you take during the day then get a FitBit or something like it. The ability of the device to sync with MFP shouldn't be that much of a factor in what you get. It isn't a big deal to add it in manually.
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a garmin watch for running and I love it and I'm getting a fitbit for Xmas..I intend to use the fitbit to monitor myself when I'm just doing day to day stuff so I can monitor how active I really am..I don't plan on syncing either..I'm not too worried about that.hope that was a bit helpful :)
  • Lillyrose125
    Lillyrose125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can also check out the new Fitbits that are due to come out soon. I believe they do your heart rate but not sure about the GPS? I just got the Fitbit Charge thinking it wouldn't really make much of a difference to me, but it turns out that I really like it. It makes me think twice about getting extra walking in and taking the stairs. It also shows me what rotten sleep I get every night!

6620666.png
  • KristenYates
    KristenYates Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Garmin has the Vivofit - I believe it syncs with MFP. But I don't think it will map your running. Check it out anyway, in case I am wrong.
  • neorn1992
    Options
    I have the fuelband, but want to get the fitbit charge. I don't know how to enter steps manually into MFP
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i have a fit bit and use MapMyFitness app on phone when I run. Fitbit, MapmyFitness (aka mapmyrun) and MFP all syn together. I just do not wear fitbit when I run to avoid doubling up since mapmyrun will calc calories burned running.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has one coming out with GPS and HR soon...https://fitbit.com/surge
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Doesn't runkeeper synch up with MFP? If so, I would say that's the way to go, assuming you don't mind running with your smartphone.
  • Catsheep
    Options
    I got the Fitbit Charge HR and I like it a lot. It does a much better job of tracking activity such as running due to the heart rate function.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Catsheep wrote: »
    I got the Fitbit Charge HR and I like it a lot. It does a much better job of tracking activity such as running due to the heart rate function.

Did they release the Charge HR yet? I want one so badly, but thought they weren't coming out til 1st quarter 2015. Because my Flex is dying...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Catsheep wrote: »

Did they release the Charge HR yet? I want one so badly, but thought they weren't coming out til 1st quarter 2015. Because my Flex is dying...

They have apparently sent out some to stores that are available for purchase now. In another thread, someone took a pick of Surge and Charge HR on the shelf in Target.
  • GregRyan369
    Options
    Have you looked at the Fitbit Surge? Looks like it does GPS as well as day to day activity. I currently have a Garmin 910xt for running/biking but am seriously considering getting the Surge as it would show the whole days worth of activities.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i picked up a cheap heart rate monitor from ALDI Market for like 20 bucks and love it......it has the chest strap so I dont have to keep tapping the watch, i love it.....and then i use the fitbit flex to track my steps.....i sync all my workouts with mfp and fitbit.....using the start and end time.....sometimes MFP is spot on.....sometimes Fitbit is spot on.....but either way, they are a supplement, not an end all. I don't do a whole lot of distance running, so couldn't justify a "GPS watch".......but the "Moves app" on the android market is awesome.....I've used that before.....and despite it being a decent battery drain lol.....it's a neat app.....