Having trouble saving recipes. App says "UNable to continue sync error"

Options
KimofTas
KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
Anyone else having problems adding/editing a recipe? App says "UNable to continue sync error" This has been the case since yesterday (well, that's the first I was aware of it).

I've successfully added/edited plenty of recipes so far without incident until yesterday.

Replies

• I'm having the same problem! I only just started using the app and thought it was a screwy feature - it gives me some hope that people who have been using the feature previously are only just having problems!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    The MFP Community Manager, Olivia, reported earlier today that this should be fixed. If not, she asked to let her know. You can post your issue in the below thread if it has not been resolved.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10014325/updated-recipe-tool-feedback#latest
  • mom605
    mom605 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also having the same difficulty. Also, the appearance of the app changed on Ipad, I liked it when I could see the options on the sides.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I just manually entered a recipe on my PC - it would not save either.
  • amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issue, but it did end up saving my recipe!
  • Copper1966
    Options
    I'm still having the same problem. Had this been fixed?
  • kivancbalci
    Options
    same here
  • mieulinh
    mieulinh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also having the syncing problem when adding/editing recipes...
  • Telach
    Options
    I am also getting the message "unable to continue. Sync error. Please try again.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been getting the error too when editing a recipe on the app - however when I log in on the website it has actually saved the recipe edits I made through the app. Did everyone see the link provided above to the Recipe Tool Feedback Thread? We need to be reporting the errors to @Olivia there
  • EJShipp
    Options
    I'm having the same problem and have had it since the latest upgrade.
  • wthomasadkins
    Options
    I'm having the same error. Very frustrating.
  • itman42
    Options
    I'm also seeing the same error every time I try to save a repice. However, when I login to the web portal I see that my recipe _is_ actually being saved. Once I restart the app I can see the recipe in the app as well.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I have been aggravated to no end by the recipe importer--it would change 2 tablespoons of sugar to two cups, for instance--and then last week it suddenly worked seamlessly. Has MFP fixed the glitches? I sure hope so! Merry Christmas, y'all!
  • YarnMonkey
    Options
    I am seeing this error. This is making me scream!! I cook all my meals and cannot add new recipes in lately. Come on people!!!!!
  • Morighann
    Options
    After trying to import a recipe multiple times from a website and then manually entering a different recipe multiple times without success, I rebooted my iPad and turned off Bulk Ingredients add option. Then I entered a recipe with one ingredient and it successfully saved and returned to the Recipe screen. All the recipes that I thought did not save, appeared. Each iteration, meaning that I tried importing a recipe 7 times, it appeared in my Recipe list 7 times.

I have no idea what helped, maybe the reboot, maybe the turning off the Bulk Ingredients, or saving a Recipe with only one ingredient. Hope this helps.
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

The error when saving a new recipe or editing a recipe is back again. It says "Unable to continue, sync error please try again". I use an iPhone 5S and all apps are up to date.
  • mickc79
    mickc79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same deal here. Sunday 28th dec.

"Unable to continue. Sync error. Please try again"

Not great!
  • Morighann
    Options
    I have a workaround that is working for me that is less trouble that what I posted above. I create the recipe, save it, get the error message, back out of the recipe and nav to the sync option, sync, and the recipe appears in my list.

Hope this helps until they have a fix.
  • kristyespino
    Options
    @Morighann‌ thanks so much for the tip! It worked for me! Hope the issue is resolved soon!