Bicycle

I want to buy a bike to start going on bike rides to add some variation to my fitness routine. No mountain biking or anything like that, just regular neighborhood bike rides. What are good bike brands for this?

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Buy something from your local bike shop - it will be decent then and they can give you advice. I have a Giant and it's been great.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    blueakama wrote: »
    Buy something from your local bike shop - it will be decent then and they can give you advice.

^^This!^^

Most important is a good fit, and something you feel comfortable and secure on at this time in your riding. Without those, you'll end up not using it.

Head to your nearest bike shop and see what they have from Specialzed, Trek, Giant, Salsa, GT, Scott, etc... and most of all - have fun!

Riding a bike is like this...

7060367355_f097695ddc_z.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I have to agree with the above...hit up your local bike shop(s). While Wal-Mart specials and such might be tempting, there's nothing worse than a cheap, cruddy, and heavy bike...but you don't want to overspend either.

Most top brands make a solid hybrid bike. I personally don't like them but it sounds perfect for what you're talking about.