Gained 9 pounds in two days

Options
Hello yall, Well I've been maintaining my weight really well during the holidays. I have lost 10 pounds last week and during the weekend I had a all out cheat day which started on a friday. For my cheat day, I had this dish I cooked called Chicken tetrazzinni ( It's a southern meal) it consists of spaghetti noodles, sheredded cheese, and chicken. I did not eat it in moderations either. I ate like a hog on it for two days because it was so good. Not to mention I drunk a soda and ate tons of chocolate. Could this cause me to gain9 pounds in two days or is this sodium???

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    No
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    No

What possibly could it be?? fat?? or sodium??

• arditarose
    Options
    Um. Not all fat. Did you seriously eat 31,500 calories OVER your TDEE?

You could have gained a pound or so though. Just fix it.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you lost 10lbs last week and gained 9lbs then there's a good chance that initial loss was water weight. It'll go away again.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I was trying to decide if you meant you really lost 10 pounds last week or you had lost 10 pounds, leading up to last week.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Um. Not all fat. Did you seriously eat 31,500 calories OVER your TDEE?

You could have gained a pound or so though. Just fix it.

How do I lose water weight though??

• DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    If you lost 10lbs last week and gained 9lbs then there's a good chance that initial loss was water weight. It'll go away again.

I believe so because I lost it very fast. Hopefully this week will be fat

• scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just get yourself back on track and keep at it. You're still down a whole pound and that's great! It can be frustrating, but if you just keep with it it does work. Maybe next time make a half-recipe of the Chicken tetrazzinni. ;)
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^This. Don't worry about water/fat. Just count your calories, weigh all your food, and get back on track.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Water weight and daily fluctuations is an amazing thing.
    Unless you ate an extra 31,500 calories in two days, it's not 9 pounds of fat.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Just get yourself back on track and keep at it. You're still down a whole pound and that's great! It can be frustrating, but if you just keep with it it does work. Maybe next time make a half-recipe of the Chicken tetrazzinni. ;)

Also do you think that if it was fat some of my clothes would have been fitting different???

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If you were eating low carb and sodium before this, it sure could cause that level of bloating! It depends where you were and where you are now.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Also do you think that if it was fat some of my clothes would have been fitting different???

It depends on your body type, and where the fat went. 9-10 pounds ago, I was two pants size larger, so a gain of fat of that volume would look obvious on me. If you have recently begun, 9-10lbs may not show or affect your clothing as much, since intial drops are generally water weight and natural fluctuations based on new dietary and exercise changes, and are not always due to the deficit needed to lose a pound of fat. Since you said you lost 10lbs in one week, I'm guessing a good portion of it was water weight, since it's unlikely you created a 31,500 deficit in one week.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    do you have any health issues like diabetes, or high blood pressure. This sounds like you just overate and some of it probably is water retention and will come off quickly. If it doesn't - contact your doctor. I have gained 10 lbs almost overnight due to an infection. I had to be put on diuretics and antibiotics.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No
    Hey!

Lol.

Also, NO.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    So when did you start your diet, what level of deficit are you on? Are you weighing your food? How many cheat meals are you going to allow yourself? Are you doing any exercise?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It called cheat meal. not a two day cheat......

Get over it and get on with it. Learn from your mistakes and carry on
  • arditarose
    Options
    No
    Hey!

Lol.

Also, NO.

Aw I thought you were yelling at me. "No" is not helpful I know.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to take a load off.....and poop.
  • arditarose
    Options
    20Grit wrote: »
    I think you just need to take a load off.....and poop.

Helps.