Disproportionate Fat Loss?

Options
I know we can't choose where the weight comes off, but is anyone experiencing a disproportionate loss in inches?

My previously smallest core area was over my abs, but now that I've gone down over 10 inches at my hips and waist, it sticks out like a sore thumb. If the pouch were lower, I'd look pregnant. As it is, it greatly affects how clothes hang off of my body.
Interested in your stories and how you "make it work".

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I THINK I know what you mean...I've lost 5 inches from my hips but only 2 from my waist, maybe this is why I sometimes feel like my stomach looks bigger?

I make it work because no matter what I'm smaller and in better shape so whatever. I just keep going and hope it all turns out pretty.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I tried on a dress with a high waist line (the type I've always worn) and could wear a L, except that the fabric got too hung up over the pooch. Going up a size doesn't help either because the narrow band is right along the base of my bra, which is several inches smaller so it naturally excenuates the pooch.

If I tried a dress with a lower waistline, it would still have a similar effect but would excentuate the pooch from the opposite direction- pulling into the waistline.

In the past this area had been noticably smaller than my stomach and breasts, so I learned to accentuate its smallness. Now that approach isn't really working for me.

You are right though- I'm definitely losing weight and inches regardless, so I'm moving in the right direction overall. It's just frustrating!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! I cried somewhere during my first 10 pounds of weight loss because I looked funny. I was grateful but at the same time confused about how my body was shaping up. Anyway, things hopefully have a way of evening out.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    yeah, to the extreme. i've lost 50 lbs (i'm still obese). during that time i have lost one inch on my breasts, two inches in my rib cage, forget how many in the waist, but that fat roll below the waist? one inch. hips? 10 inches!!!!! if i'm not wearing the right clothes i look worse than i began!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come. Patience is key, as you said we don't get to pick where it comes off of.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yep in the first 3 months I looked very odd. I had big hips anyway but lost 5" from my waist and nothing from my hips! There ended up being a 13" difference between them both. 6 weeks on from that and everything has evened out. Lost 5" from my bust, under bust, waist and hips so it will happen! Plus once it came off of my hips I lost 4 dress sizes! Crazy.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're saying. My first 10 lbs, I lost primarily in my hips and "high" waist (below the bra band area, but still above the belly button). Still had a big belly and thighs.

During the "transitional" time, I made it work by wearing compression workout clothing whenever I could get away with it (everyone, IMO looks good in compression clothing, everyone :smile: ), and just didn't worry about trying to wear the most flattering thing for work/school (since that would inevitably change in the long run, or so the plan goes).