I hate you, alcohol

Options

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    There comes a point in the road where you really need to evaluate what needs to be done to reach your goals. It doesn't help to be fully aware of flaws that hinder your progress and do nothing about it. Hope it works out for you.
    This was exactly my thoughts.

I do so good all week and then I drink a ish load of alcohol on the weekends. I however am not losing weight. My priorities are jacked right now. I know what I have to do, but I don't do it. I also don't go on a rant about it, because I know I can easily slow down on the drinks, not be lazy and get up to workout.

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Maybe try PiYo?

I'm with whoever said if you don't like something don't do it. Weight-loss doesn't have to be a miserable process.

Good luck finding what works for you!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    mpaulson89 wrote: »
    Drink light beer if your going to drink. It may be easy to say you will stop drinking all together but if you are going to binge drink and drink 5 beers it's a lot easy to cope with 500 calories then 1,000 calories.

5 drinks is a binge? I think i was an alcoholic in college, then.

LOL then everyone was I guess.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I make it fit, nothing can keep me away from my malbec <3

I love a nice Malbec too...But my ultimate favorite is Apothic Red...It's just so darn expensive in Canada!!! But nothing will keep me away from it either...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I love a nice Malbec too...But my ultimate favorite is Apothic Red...It's just so darn expensive in Canada!!! But nothing will keep me away from it either...
    What? I live in Edmonton and it's sold at Costco for $13 a bottle....

I personally am not a fan, but I know lots of people like it.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

I miss wine; especially apothic dark. They have trouble keeping it in stock around here.
  • mpaulson89
    mpaulson89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Haha okay maybe I should have set the number higher. Whatever you think binge drinking is. All I was saying is sometimes I want to have a bunch of beers and I'm going to have 5 or 6 in a night not matter what it is. So I try to drink light beer then. Otherwise on the evenings I'm more of a scotch or bourbon guy!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Drink light beer if your going to drink. It may be easy to say you will stop drinking all together but if you are going to binge drink and drink 5 beers it's a lot easy to cope with 500 calories then 1,000 calories.

Or do you mean calorie binge?

I think it depends on the person and their size. Five drinks for me in one evening would probably send me to the ER. But, I'm a small person. For someone else it may be a "pre-game" start, as yopeeps I believe it was, mentioned.

Either way, I do still drink regularly, but smaller amounts. I just fit it into my daily calorie goal.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Drink good stuff, enjoy it.

Don't be that idiot shotgunning pabst and slamming shots of cuervo and fireball.
  • dbmata
    Options

LOL then everyone was I guess.
    I think I was an alcoholic last weekend.... lol.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i hate it too. i have had to reduce the amount i drink slowly. i was drinking 1-2 drinks every night but have now got to 1 large glass of wine twice a week. it kills my calories and has probably ruined most of my weeks previously.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Don't be that idiot shotgunning pabst and slamming shots of cuervo and fireball.

d7b38b2f31b78d4cf7b5694ece9bdd825d36e48c1910e00d51a27a1bd8a57ff4.jpg
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

"Quality over quantity" - one of my mottos.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I personally am not a fan, but I know lots of people like it.

Ah no way!?!?! In ontario they don't even sell liquor at Costco...At the LCBO it's over $16/bottle but in Florida (when I go visit my parents) I can get it at the Costco there for $4/bottle!!! It makes me want to cry, cause I can only take 2 bottles back with me...
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yeah, in Alberta, the only province with privatized liquor sales. Here in Quebec, a bottle of Apothic Red retails at the SAQ for $16.75. And I believe it's also around $16 at the LCBO.

PRMinx wrote: »
    I would rather drink water than light beer....blech!

Agreed!

By the way, I posted this on the beer thread recently but will re-post it here: A handy way to guesstimate calories in beer is to use 2.5 times the ABV% as calories per ounce:

beeroftomorrow.com/calories-in-craft-beer/
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Haha okay maybe I should have set the number higher. Whatever you think binge drinking is. All I was saying is sometimes I want to have a bunch of beers and I'm going to have 5 or 6 in a night not matter what it is. So I try to drink light beer then. Otherwise on the evenings I'm more of a scotch or bourbon guy!

I was just joking around. :)

I enjoy dry red wine, stouts, ales, porters, vodka and gin. What I preferred depended on what I was doing or eating at the time. Unfortunately, I can't drink anymore.
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Or do you mean calorie binge?

I think it depends on the person and their size. Five drinks for me in one evening would probably send me to the ER. But, I'm a small person. For someone else it may be a "pre-game" start, as yopeeps I believe it was, mentioned.

Either way, I do still drink regularly, but smaller amounts. I just fit it into my daily calorie goal.

I think it depends on the person, tolerance level and whatnot, moreso than size.
  • dbmata
    Options
    You want light beer?

Take a real beer, like Double Barrel Ale... add water.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

What's wrong with shotgunning pbr? :) if you mean all together..yeah, that would suck.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Well, first PBR is not beer, it's lightly filtered and fermented urine.

Wanna shotgun or keg stand? At least do it with something tasty like Old Rasputin. ;)
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Well, first PBR is not beer, it's lightly filtered and fermented urine.

Wanna shotgun or keg stand? At least do it with something tasty like Old Rasputin. ;)

Haha. I guess when we drank for sport (shotgunning, beer pong, etc) around here, we bought cheap and without regard for taste.

If I'm going to sit around and drink beer for taste, I go for something I actually enjoy.

..if that's not an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. Ha. I miss college.