How to lose excess weight quickly (temporarily and SAFELY)

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh lord only a woman :grumble:

yeah youre either gonna have to return it for a bigger size or purchase a corset, girdle, and some spanx and try to shift it around.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If you can find a seamstress who will work with that deadline, I would see if they can help

Barring that, I would suggest drinking lots of water (to help flush out extra water weight), stay away from restaurants (high sodium), watch the salty foods at home. It might not make a big difference, but it might give you just enough wiggle room so you can breathe.

This.

Limit your sodium to 1500mgs for the next 10 days.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    On June 8th I am going to be in my dad's wedding. When we were buying my bridesmaids dress, a woman's 16 was too big so I needed a 14 . Well, the next size down was a 10....and I bought it. What better motivation than to lose weight for a dress you have to wear on a deadline, right? Well, not really. It's actually been extremely stressful.

I tried on the dress a little over a week ago and, good news, it zips up. Bad news is that I can't move or breathe in it. Since I tried the dress on, I have gained 3 lbs. Why? I have no idea. But as of right now, I have 10 days to make this dress fit a little bit better.

I am looking for a way to drop some excess water weight quickly SAFELY. I realize it's a temporary fix and I am completely okay with that.

Any tips, tricks, or ideas? Thought about trying out Jillian's Detox Water: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1821630. I know the idea behind it is that it makes you pee all the time, but I can deal with that for a week.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Try a protein-sparing modified fast: here's a cheap e-book that Lyle MacDonald puts out:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

I've done it and it works well in the short term.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    get a bigger size and have it altered, also add some spanx and maybe a waist cincher? It wont make you look 2 sizes smaller BUT it will smooth out all the lumps and bumps which will make you look alot sexier. Think Joan Holloway
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LOW CARB....Stay under 20 grams of carbs. This happened to me before and I lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks. Dont make that mistake again....Give yourself enough time. Just the stress alone can put on belly weight. : )) good luck to you.
  • dg419
    dg419 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i know i havent lost much myself but i would suggest low carb high protein and a ton of water. add some psyllium husk in there for extra fiber. I have lost 5 lbs in the last week or so just switching to that and my clothes are a little looser. no less than 1200 kcal too!!! that is a must, and increase your cardio! :)
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion is to find a seamstress now who can creatively insert some discrete elastic in the needed areas.

I mean, you can try the wrap and the "sweating it out" kind of stuff wrestlers do to make weight but it isn't going to guarantee that you will lose the weight in the areas where the dress is tight.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    google bodybuilders water manipulation. Hope this helps
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To see if the dress has seams that can be let out, turn the dress inside out and look at the seams at the sides.

Most woven clothing pieces have half-inch to one inch seam allowances on both sides (it looks like a long flap on either side of the sewing), unless the seams are "French seams", sewn inside out and folded in and sewn again to enclose the seams and to give a nicer finish.

If there are garden variety non-Frenched seam allowances, you are in luck !

A professional seamstress can alter the dress for you, but you might have to pay extra since it will be "rush" order.

This will give you about a half-inch to three quarter inch increase in circumference, depending on how wide the seam allowances are.

Wearing a too tight dress at the wedding is a gamble. You will be eating, drinking to celebrate.

At best, you could be extremely uncomfortable, at worst and most embarrassing you could split the seams of your dress. :(
  • cindy31548
    cindy31548 Posts: 10
    Options
    Preparation H and saran wrap
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Atkins diet induction phase. I think I lost like seven or eight pounds the first week. It's just water though and when you begin eating carbs again, it will come right back.

As a couple of others mentioned, you might consider having the dress seams let out a bit as well
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    not safe
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've actually lost a lot of inches since I bought it like 2 months ago. I was just looking for a way to help with the extra little water weight for it to fit more comfortably.

It's not water weight if you can't fit into the dress ... it's fat ... fat takes time to come off ... Sorry going to be honest.
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga and a body wrap...keep up on your water and make sure that your eating a healthy 1200 cals per day...
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Girls are so silly!! Everyone will be negative to you on here I am sure. However, it is not going to do your body much damage to lower your cals for 10 days..eat very little carbs (can cause bloating), limit your sodium...drink tons of water with lemon and green tea to flush the system.

I would suggest getting a girtle, spanx, some of those "suck you in' undies and see if it feels better and you can breath with that on underneath. Good luck!!!
  • mistyme
    mistyme Posts: 26
    Options
    If it were me, I'd be drinking a ton of water and exercising like crazy. What are you doing still on the internet? Go exercise! :tongue:

Sounds like you just need a little extra breathing room. You can do it!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketone cleanse..works for me everytime...
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Start working now. Drink lots of water, lots of cardio n find a mfp friend to kick your butt daily the next 10 days. you can do this!
  • Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    On June 8th I am going to be in my dad's wedding. When we were buying my bridesmaids dress, a woman's 16 was too big so I needed a 14 . Well, the next size down was a 10....and I bought it. What better motivation than to lose weight for a dress you have to wear on a deadline, right? Well, not really. It's actually been extremely stressful.

I tried on the dress a little over a week ago and, good news, it zips up. Bad news is that I can't move or breathe in it. Since I tried the dress on, I have gained 3 lbs. Why? I have no idea. But as of right now, I have 10 days to make this dress fit a little bit better.

I am looking for a way to drop some excess water weight quickly SAFELY. I realize it's a temporary fix and I am completely okay with that.

Any tips, tricks, or ideas? Thought about trying out Jillian's Detox Water: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1821630. I know the idea behind it is that it makes you pee all the time, but I can deal with that for a week.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I did this one time. I lost 10 lbs in two days with the "Hollywood Diet" drink. I bought it at Walgreens and you just drink that and water for two days and you can lose up to 10 lbs in two days. I have also lost 9 lbs in one night by drinking Magnesium Citrate. It cleaned me out. LOL. So yeah those are the only two fast weight-loss methods i have used.
  • fidget32
    fidget32 Posts: 10
    Options
    I personally would buy a bigger size but if you can't I know the Juicemaster 7 pounds in 7 days is successful. Good luck