Les Mills Combat

Options
I'm starting Combat on December 27th and would love some accountability partners :-)

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh I love combat but have struggled to attend classes (laziness, no real excuse) over the last 3 or 4 weeks.....so I am absolutely up for some accountability!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I got the at-home workout, since I don't belong to my gym anymore. But I LOVED it when I used to do it at Gold's! I hope it's similar!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    A colleague of mine has the at home version, and says it is just as good! I do the Jillian Michaels workouts at home (well, I say I do them but I dip in and out of them and keep looking at the boxes with good intentions the rest of the time!)....so I am definitely with you in kicking butt, whether at the gym or at home. How often are you planning on doing combat? My classes are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays....but I really need to do something in between too.....
  • infinikitty
    Options
    The 60 day calendar has me resting on Thursday and Sunday until the last two weeks. I might rotate the rest days around a bit according to other plans and things I have going on, but will still do at least five days a week. I'm finishing up my third round of the 21 Day Fix right now and then taking a week off (anniversary/Christmas celebration for the week!) Do you run or lift weights or anything? That might be good to do alongside the program. I don't think it's really high impact, from what I remember?
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    I do a mixture - spinning, zumba, general gym work. My fiance is a PT so I used to do weights with him, but he is unable to workout at the moment so I have lost my oomph there...but I spoke to another PT at the gym last night to try and get myself back on track. I am getting married in 5 months and want nice shoulders!!! I can't run for more than about 20 mins (although have done marathons in the past) due to knee surgery last year after a ski accident, but am allowed to cycle. I have my bike on a turbo trainer at home so can use that for cardio on dark cold evenings! Combat is medium impact, and everything can be made low impact if you need. It's good for sculpting generally....provided we actually DO IT!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Haha exactly. Sounds like we do a lot of the same stuff! My vacation this weekend is a ski trip (my husband snowboards) and I just finished my first half marathon in November! Sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff going for sure...but yeah, like you said, provided we do it :-P I've lost almost 50 pounds and over 32 inches since late February when I started this journey. I wish I had done this before I got married two years ago! Now I'm pushing to lose the weight before we get pregnant next year :-) You'll get there - and your shoulders will look amazing! Let's do this :-)
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Let's do it indeed! Congrats on the amazing weight loss - I had a look at your pictures and you look so good, and in such a short space of time. I read your blurb and can relate sooo much - have yo yo dieted for most of my adult life. It is only since I met my fiance that I finally worked out that balance and moderation does work! But at 44, and with my children now being 19 and 20, I can no longer blame the baby weight, or whatever!! I am 70kgs, so I think that's about where you are (?) and I'm actually quite comfortable there, just want to look the best version of me and be fit and strong rather than soft and flabby haha!!

Bring it on!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Yeah, that's my biggest thing. I've lost a lot of the weight I want to lose but would LOVE to tone up more. I don't mind being the weight I am as long as the muscle is to blame, not fat ^_^
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Right, I have made a start - updated my profile, and will report in tomorrow. We can do this.... :smile:
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Okay, I just decided I'll be starting the workouts on Monday, the 29th, since it looks like the schedule runs easier that way. But I'm going to start following the food program on the 27th. I'll be checking in with you :-)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    An that dress is GORGEOUS by the way :-)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I started an accountability group here in MFP if anyone would like to join! Let me know and I'll invite you. You can be doing the at-home version or the gym one, let's just rock it!
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    I just ordered Les Mills Combat!!! I would love to be each other's accountability buddy. I told myself "well, I will just start it after the new year..." but I really want to start it sooner. You said December 27th? Is that because you are going out of town for the holidays? I was thinking of starting it next week and then increase the days after Christmas. Let me know what you think:).
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Yeah, I'll be out of town for my anniversary weekend then Christmas, so figured that day was as good as any. But looking into the schedule it seems very Monday-start oriented, so I might wait to do the full workouts on the 29th, but start the meal plan on the 27th. I like the idea of taking next week to maybe preview and get the moves down? Either way, I'll add you to the MFP group so we can share our struggles/successes :-)
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    An that dress is GORGEOUS by the way :-)

Thanks...I do love it - I just want to look my best in it!! Not directly combat related, but I have just booked a block of sessions with the PT to kick my butt at the gym....she knows to put my combat classes in whatever schedule she creates for me, so it will give me NO excuse to miss a class, because I will have to explain myself to her too....!

Fitnesmom, get started whenever you're ready - anything we do now is almost a bonus really....with the big push after the mince pies have been eaten :smiley:
  • chelshull22
    chelshull22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love body combat, Im interested to know how the at home version is! Its an incredible workout!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Yes everyone...definitely start when the time is right for you! I'm gonna preview it for sure, plus I want to start up running again (kinda fell off after my half marathon and winter months are brr haha). I've opened the group already - it's called Les Mills Accountability Group (I think?!). I'm getting so excited to start!
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to join the accountability group! I wish I could access the forums here on my phone (what I use most frequently). I like to use Facebook for accountability groups but I'd love to join this one here as well :)
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just started the home version of Les Mills Combat last week....it's tough but I'm loving it....got the gloves and everything....feel very strong!!
  • rekkopatton
    rekkopatton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the home version, and it tried it. It's no joke. I am going to try to start it again and stick with it.