Work Xmas Meal

Options
Hi,

I'm off out tomorrow for a works Christmas lunch (set menu). I don't know the nutritional information so I've been looking through the database and have added what I think it may be but would like input, I'm having:

French Onion Soup
Vegetable Wellington with (roasted) potatoes and vegetables
Chocolate Brownie

I've estimated 1240? what do you think? This is a fairly posh restaurant, portions are not massive. My goal for the day is1450, one saving grace in I'm off to my Body Step class in the evening so will hopefully claw back some calories!

All input appreciated :smile:

Thanks

Helen

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    eat and enjoy write it off as a free meal (some call it a cheat day) then get back on track :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Relax. Log as close as you can and move on. One day in the scheme of things is not going to affect anything.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    eat and enjoy write it off as a free meal (some call it a cheat day) then get back on track :smile:
    This! :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    That brownie is probably around 600.

The soup probably around 400.

The Welly? it's not a skinny calorie count. I'd say OP's 1240 is probably 40% low.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :smile: I feel really bad if I go off track but your right, it's one meal the I'll be back on track!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm off out tomorrow for a works Christmas lunch (set menu). I don't know the nutritional information so I've been looking through the database and have added what I think it may be but would like input, I'm having:

French Onion Soup
    Vegetable Wellington with (roasted) potatoes and vegetables
    Chocolate Brownie

I've estimated 1240? what do you think? This is a fairly posh restaurant, portions are not massive. My goal for the day is1450, one saving grace in I'm off to my Body Step class in the evening so will hopefully claw back some calories!

All input appreciated :smile:

Thanks

Helen

I think you're underestimating that massively
    French Onion Soup - allow 100 - but if loads of cheese bump it
    Wellington I'd allow 700, potatoes about 200, 50 for assorted calories, gravy?
    chocolate brownie - allow 500
    so that's 1550 plus alcohol

but don't worry about it too much - it's one meal

if the food isn't great don't eat it
  • garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just go for it.

Going off track for one meal won't ruin your entire weightloss. I've had two work meals involving A LOT of food and boozing this month, but got back on the wagon the days after and still lost.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way: Skinny people have holiday meals, too. The goal is to have meals like that be an "occasional" thing. You can't deny yourself social events and holidays for the rest of your life.
  • lisac195
    lisac195 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is tough sometimes to estimate how much foods are, particularly when you don't know the portions. If you want to cut back just give that brownie away to someone as soon as you get it!! Other than that, log the best you can and enjoy!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I think they sound like delicious choices!

When I'm on business trips, I'm usually pretty careful about what I eat and make sure I only eat what is really good. So, for example, if I were confronted by this menu, I would leave most of the cheese on the soup, skip practically all the bread and potatoes, leave the beef welly pastry if it's not really crispy and yummy and just have a couple of bites of brownie. No one else is ever interested in what I'm eating, beyond being polite in asking if I'm enjoying what I've got. I'd also seriously load up on the vegetables and most of all... enjoy my time relaxing with colleagues and friends!! I've learned that now I eat less, I focus much more on enjoying the social side of eating out.

Have a great time!
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies! The food was lovely and to be honest I don't feel that bad. The portions were quite small, I didn't feel stuffed. Your right, this isn't a regular outing, I've lost 5.5 stone (and have managed to keep it off for 6/7 years so must be doing something right) :smile: