Active 50 Year Old Looking for Accountability Friends

Options
I am looking to add some friends to my friends list who have similar goals and who have similar weight loss issues (i.e., being older, metabolism slowing down, going through hormonal changes). I am currently doing the 21 day fit program (I an not a coach soliciting for members). It is simply a cleaner eating program, with a different approach to keeping track of what I eat, and helping with portion control. You do not have to be doing this program. I believe in eating and fueling my body, focusing on cutting out processed foods, getting plenty of protein and good carbs. I've been on MFP keeping track and logging calories for over two years and I just needed a break from logging and to try something different. I believe in working out doing some kind of lifting program while incorporating cardio. I love to run/jog and have the Zombie Run app that I have been using and love! I use the 30 minute workouts in the 21 da fit plan when I cannot get to the gym and/or outside to run.

I need some friends who can provide some support/accountability and who I can do the same for.

I am a very active 50 year old, who loves to get outside, camp, hike, etc. I am married to a wonderful man who keeps our lifestyle very busy, which I love, but it does make it harder to focus on my goals of eating healthy and getting to the gym. I have about 30 pounds to lose and it coming off very stubbornly!

Any takers??

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Hello

I also need friends to be accountable to. I lost several lbs on map two years ago but am slowly gaining it back. I use to be extremely active but now just walk and play a little tennis. I am 56 years old and need to lose 50 more pounds.

Donna
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not 50 yet, but it's coming closer. Feel free to add me if you want. I am a very active 46 year old.
  • 50sthenew30
    50sthenew30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep, being 52 I am finding recovery from exercise takes longer. Currently researching that nugget.
    I'll send you a request :)
  • Sheri3851
    Sheri3851 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for friends to help me get back on track. Just turned 51 a few days ago and would be really nice to have friends that can relate to those over 50 issues :)
    If you would like, please add me. Thank you! Sheri
  • swanie12
    swanie12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am 53 and trying to loose 40 by the end of the year. I would really
    Ike to be in this group and help support everyone. Please add me as your friend if ypu would like to. My plan is to just eat healty and increase my walking and not get discourage if I fall off the wagon now amd then, just keep focusing on the big picture
    karen swanie12
  • jewels147
    jewels147 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 looking for friends on MFP.. I like MFP, but I need motivation and support..
  • pseudandry
    pseudandry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I match the description
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    49 and trying to be "Fit at Fifty" - always looking for more friends. I am fairly active as well - I have a 9 year old. Anyone on here - feel free to add me. Good Luck to All!!
  • anndieringer
    Options
    I'm an expert at being 50! I celebrated my 57th birthday yesterday and could definitely use some accountability support. Feel free to add me!
  • teenagwood
    teenagwood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 58. I sure need friends for accountability. Need to lose 100 lbs
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, plus a couple of years....same boat. Longer recovery.... many hours at work sitting behind a desk... pounds creeping on... Time to shake them loose.