Anyone using Misfit Flash / Shine???

Options
I started using a Flash a few weeks ago and really love it (simple enough and only tracks what I need to currently...cycling/steps/basic sleep/etc). Anyone on MFP that wants to add a friend let me know. Login is trmulder02. Thanks guys and keep up the good work fellow MFP'ers.

Replies

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    I just got the flash yesterday, liking it so far, this is the first fitness band I've owned. :) My user name is tjcarver1987 :smile:
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too am using the shine and looking for more friends. I just sent you both friend requests. My user name is weightlifter77. Thanks:)
  • tiffanyhowland
    tiffanyhowland Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a misfit and love it, especially the biking. Add me too, I need friends :)

tiffanyhowland
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    I had to return mine, after a week it stopped working:(
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Have added you all on misfit! Imcharmed.
  • jetsaves
    jetsaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm jetta84
  • JennF516
    Options
    I'm ll_cool_jenn. I need motivation. I will add you all.
  • bittaanne
    Options
    My sports band already broke, has anyone else had this happen? Now I use the clip, but want to swim and I've heard the wrist tracks better. Thoughts?
  • sarahhart925
    sarahhart925 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm using the misfit flash, and have added the folks in this thread -- my username is sarahhart925, anyone reading can feel free to add me on there as well :)
  • p90mikey
    Options
    Hey all! Just got a Flash last week, feel free to add me, my Misfit username is naptownmike. I'll be adding the other folks in this thread as well.
  • angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had to return mine, after a week it stopped working:(

Mines broke took after a week and the company told me it was the positive side spring was not making contact with the battery and that I should turn it, pull up and then press the spring back down, but to be careful not to break it because it is fragile. I just told them yeah I'm just going try to take it back to bestbuy because I should not have to do that after only having it for a week.
  • kaylaleigh19
    kaylaleigh19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    would those of you who have a misfit say it's worth it? I keep thinking about getting one, but then tell myself I know how active I've been and I have a pedometer as well, but then I figure it must have a good impact on motivation, to be able to see how active you have been.

Is it a worthy investment?
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Id say it is. I only got mine yesterday, and already I've made conscious decisions, to walk that bit further wtc, just to achieve my goal for the day. Imo it is!
  • lynnerdmc
    lynnerdmc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've had the Flash for few days. So far so good except I don't think I have it synced with MFP. Please everyone, add me as a friend. Lynnerdmc
  • xblackstars
    Options
    I keep seeing that the misfit is too sensitive? that brushing your teeth will say you've walked 200 steps or something. Is it worth the money? I brought a dynamo one which went wrong and failed to connect to BT. Does BT always need to on for it to work?
  • BluFoxxe
    BluFoxxe Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i just got my misfit a couple days ago and so far i'm liking it. i'm going to friend everyone on this forum on both the misfit and myfitnesspal app. Add me too: Blufoxxe
    I keep seeing that the misfit is too sensitive? that brushing your teeth will say you've walked 200 steps or something. Is it worth the money? I brought a dynamo one which went wrong and failed to connect to BT. Does BT always need to on for it to work?

as far as this question goes, you only need to connect it to BT (bluetooth right?) for syncing purposes. it works quite well without BT, but if you want to see your actual numerical activity on the app, you need to sync it, which requires BT, but only for a couple of seconds.

Anyone, please correct me if im wrong! thanks!

• BluFoxxe
    BluFoxxe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    BluFoxxe wrote: »
    i just got my misfit a couple days ago and so far i'm liking it. i'm going to friend everyone on this forum on both the misfit and myfitnesspal app. Add me too: Blufoxxe

Edit: BluFoxxe on myfitnesspal, blufoxx on misfit
  • ibmasterblaster
    Options
    bittaanne wrote: »
    My sports band already broke, has anyone else had this happen? Now I use the clip, but want to swim and I've heard the wrist tracks better. Thoughts?

We bought a couple for my wife and i, her wristband broke and my belt clip broke within three weeks of use. Nothing out of the ordinary, just regular use. I've emailed their customer service, waiting for reply
  • bittaanne
    Options
    bittaanne wrote: »

We bought a couple for my wife and i, her wristband broke and my belt clip broke within three weeks of use. Nothing out of the ordinary, just regular use. I've emailed their customer service, waiting for reply

I've learned now to wear it differently. It's now clipped to my waist or in my pocket during the day and in my hair (clipped, lol it's thick) at night. This seems to relieve excess wear on the clip, but I'm worried about losing it

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Added everyone!!

My username is lexicpt