Lost motivations cannot be re-found. :( Need Tips.

Options
I can't seem to get my motivation back after falling of the wagon hard around 6 months ago. :/
Any tips or ideas to help me comeback and restart. I do it for maybe a day or two and stop again, and this has been happening often. :( Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Are you taking on too many changes at once? Trying to be super good all the time with everything at once threw me off track all the time. I learned to start slowly and build good habits. Start back slowly by just logging or making sure you drink your water and build back slowly. Once these things are habits, lack of motivation doesn't throw you off as badly.
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hmm the water idea sounds good! :smile: thanks!
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The discipline sounds fab! Somebody want to help me come up with a plan?
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. Make good choices today and today only. Then tomorrow, do it over. Don't worry about yesterday because you can't change it. It sounds really simple, but it works. If you only focus on today, it becomes much easier. Sometimes looking long-term or at your end goal just seems so daunting and makes it that much harder, so just worry about today only.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lizzy622! Start making changes slowly and build on them as you go along. Forget whatever happened 6 months ago. Today is a new day. Start now...but remember to start small. :)

Wishing you all the best!
  • gatrjeny
    gatrjeny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Following a similar pattern, making a small change at a time can help get you on the right track. Here are 5 suggestions to get you started (copied from "Ultimate Bundles"):

1. Drink a green smoothie
    2. Replace soda or tea with water. Need a little flavor? Toss in a few lemon slices.
    3. Take a 10-minute walk. Have a little more room in your schedule? Make it 30 minutes.
    4. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than your normal bedtime.
    5. Eat a salad—loaded with greens and plenty of veggies—at least once per day.

Good luck getting it back! I just got mine back last week when the doc told me I have sleep apnea likely caused by my weight gain! :(