Personal Trainers/ Online

Options
Has anyone tried this site? http://www.workoutsforyou.com/ Just curious... It's got a nice layout & the price is reasonable. What about other personal training websites?

I need to hit the "reset" button in January, so I'm trying to find something new & motivating. I'd love to find a great personal trainer (online) who can tell me exactly what to do at the gym each day & what to eat throughout the day. Basically, I don't want to have to think about it. I want a trainer to tell me what to do! lol

Anyways.... Just curious to know if you guys have had any luck with online training?

Thanks a ton for any insights!!! :)

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    why january? Why not today?

I wouldn't do a PT online, you lose a lot of the one to one experience you're paying for. You can get the PT online experience through savvy use of the right forums.

Also, it sounds like you're looking more for a babysitter than a PT. Good luck.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have to pay to find a good exercise and or nutrition program. There are endless free resources for both of those online. I also agree, no need to put it off until January, start now.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If want to consider that option, here is another resource:

http://familyfocusfitness.net/personal-training/personal-training-testimonials/

I worked with Chris for a couple of years (still train one of his old clients) and he's a good guy.

You always have to find someone who fits your personality and style, but with Chris the questions of "qualified, ethical, honest, dedicated" are already settled.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I'm interested in anyone's experience as well. I like the idea of having a trainer 'at home' without having to actually have a trainer in my home.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just arranged to have a personal trainer come to my building once a week starting in January. I'm willing to pay for it and prefer a human experience to online. I'm currently taking an online dance clurse that is working pretty well though. The instructor sends daily videos and then we have an online conference once a week.
  • Lucknawi
    Lucknawi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting to know the equipment at your gym instead and asking for advice on routines when needed. (Like if you don't feel challenged enough by what you're doing but don't know how to challenge yourself further or want some input to do so).

Also do some research on different work out group activities, I find those are so much more motivating when you get to know someone in the group class or if you have a friend that will join you in one... they help get you out the door and into the gym space and can be good competition/motivation to work harder while there.

Online personal trainers are about as good as asking a bunch of really well informed people on the boards here for advice except it costs you some.