Dogs or cats?

Options

Replies

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I heart both. I'm allergic to cats though. But that didn't stop me from owning one before. I have a dog now. She's my BFF
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    kitties rock! I love cats... >:)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    dogs anyday over cats!*
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    @AllOutof_Bubblegum‌

You know, "stupid, needy, obnoxious, noisy and destructive" and "requires training to behave appropriately" because it's not "naturally well-behaved" sounds an awful like kids...

This is very true. Which is why children, like dogs, are not for everyone.

I will go ahead though and make the very glaring point that I'm sure an intelligent guy such as yourself (no intended sarcasm) has already noted:

Children, as obnoxious as they can certainly be, are in no way, ever, comparable to pets of any species, as a pet will never grow to be a contributing member of society. I looooove my cat, but that's all she is. A cat, and a pet. A pet will never become someone's lifelong sweetheart, a mother, father, best friend, and impact thousands of people and help shape the world.

Of course not all children will be upstanding citizens, some will end up bottom-feeding, government-leeching sh!theads, but I'd say the majority turn out ok. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Individuals of both species can either be really cool or really annoying. It largely depends on who owns said animal and how much effort they actually want to put into it.

I'd probably go with cats because I spent a lot of my life with a very cuddly kitty. :)
    I'm only keeping a few plants at the moment because there's a lot in my life I need to sort out first.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Dog people are 100x better. If you love dogs you can have the privilege of adding me to your FL. If you love cats... go away

7xhz1bp9ecpp.gif
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Telling someone to go away because they love cats..... makes me want to say to you... 'Go Away'.

I have a black lab- she's my baby. No cats but I love 'em too. The last 2 years have been the first time in my life where I haven't owned a cat.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Individuals of both species can either be really cool or really annoying. It largely depends on who owns said animal and how much they effort they actually want to put into it.

I will concede to this. There are some great dogs, and some really sh!tty cats out there, and I attribute this largely to the animal's owner.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Unconditional love
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Unconditional love

Ok I think my dog and your dog are related... :)

fv3t52nnhc88.png

• EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    Of course not all children will be upstanding citizens, some will end up bottom-feeding, government-leeching sh!theads, but I'd say the majority turn out ok. :)

But we love them regardless... No matter what happens they'll always be "our kids".

And to say that a pet could never be a best friend isn't necessarily true - and while they may not impact *thousands* of lives they can certainly impact a few - and thats really their true purpose in life.

"The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.” – Robert Brault
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    All of the above.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have both although my dog thinks she is a lesbian and tries to hump the cat.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'd pick my ragdoll kitty any day <3
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Both. I have a rottweiler and a DSH. Love them both.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I hate dogs and here is why:

Dogs are disgusting. They are stupid, needy, obnoxious, noisy and destructive. And they smell. Any animal that requires training to behave appropriately is not worth owning, IMO. It should be naturally well-behaved.

Plus I prefer to know my animal poops (and then kindly buries it) in ONE specific designated place where I say it's ok, versus having to hunt outside on my pretty lawn for fragrant little *kitten* bombs strewn all over the place. In honesty I've only known ONE dog in my entire life that I liked enough to actually want for my own. So for me, if it's not a cat, it can get out. :)

134480338496.gif

Thats so cute .
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What's wrong with loving both? Whenever dog lovers complain about cats, I automatically think of this, haha.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dogs>>>

69k97q5j4nlo.jpg