Calorie difference on recipe

Options
Hi again,

So I've just made a chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic dressing from Pinterest for my lunch tomorrow. The recipe on Pinterest states that it is 399 calories per serving but when I've imported the recipe to MFP it's coming up at 279. Which should I follow?

Thanks for you help :smiley:

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'd go with what you entered. Could be a # of things. PErhaps the ingredients are not the exact same - different amount? Of course doublecheck your entries...
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    make sure your mfp ingredients are using the same ones you used and that they are correct (look at the label and make sure there wasn't a mistake)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. MFP has an incorrect calorie count? Who would have thunk it?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Unless you used the EXACT same ingredients, then of course there will be differences in calories. Or if you used the wrong nutritional info.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Check the number of servings, too.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. MFP has an incorrect calorie count? Who would have thunk it?

Actually, if they entered the recipe correctly Pinterest has incorrect calorie count.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    They could both be incorrect, ever think of that?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Go with the version that uses the exact brands/ingredients you used. Calorie counts can differ greatly based on this.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will go with what I've entered as that's what I've used :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When I import a recipe I check all ingredients and change them for brands I've already used and the amount I've weighed out

Then I weigh the final dish and divide by how many 100g so I can take different quantities