Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise DVD's

Hi All,
I am trying to find some DVD's for home use that are low impact. I am trying to lose significant weight however realize that it didn't get there overnight and I won't lose it overnight. Slow and steady.

The reason I am looking for low impact is due to medical issues: plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel syndrom and achilles tendonitis.

Keep in mind, I have three young children (5,3, and 5 months) at home that will be around during exercise! :wink:

Any suggestions?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Leslie Sansone! :) Her dvds are typically sold cheap at walmart/target. You can also purchase off of her website. You can also find them on Youtube for free - I find that to be low quality though.

• clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    @dakotababy‌: Thank you, I will look for them! :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    weight = diet

exercise = health/wellness

and don't forget about walking!!!
    Lots of body weight/at home workouts on youtube or through certain fitness sites
    best body weight beginner workout by nerd fitness is a good one try try as well.
  • clandrum1984
    @JoRocka: Thanks for the information! I am trying to walk more too. Park farther from my office, take two flights of stairs just to use the restroom.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    I am a die hard Jillian Michaels fan. Her 30 Day Shred can be found on YouTube. She has two ladies who do it with her, follow the one doing the easy modifications to start with.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Maybe some of these favourites would suit your purpose:
    http://www.videofitness.com/beginners/bc-faves.php

The list is a bit out of date, but you can check the reviews before you purchase something.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    There are youtube workouts. Also I think billy blanks original taebos are great, you can modify and go your own speed, I never found them annoying on the joints. As someone said before the Leslies are awesome. Also I find the modifications on focus t25 by Shaun t are awesome, let's you work up progressively, if need be.
    Ah and almost forgot, Denise Austin has some great DVDs as well.
  • lingo10
    In terms of youtube, there is Denise Austin old tv eps of fit and lite uploaded by some nice folks there. Yoga, aerobics, Pilates fusion is what Denise does with those. Hope this helps :)
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    dakotababy wrote: »
    Leslie Sansone! :) Her dvds are typically sold cheap at walmart/target. You can also purchase off of her website. You can also find them on Youtube for free - I find that to be low quality though.

I second these! My 2 and 3 year old enjoy doing them with me, haha! I want to say that in one of her videos she even says its low impact.
    I also like Jillian Michels dvds. She usually has someone on there showing an easier way to do a move.
    And walking is great too. =)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Ballet Beautiful by Mary Helen Bowers is a good, low impact, but difficult workout. You will definitely feel the burn even thought the movements are so tiny. It's not meant to scorch calories, but it should help you shed inches. If you have Amazon Prime, I think a few of her workouts are free. And youtube also has 1 online for free.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    I like a lot of Denise Austin's videos, but some people don't like her voice.

Check your local public library. They probably have videos you can borrow. That way you can try them first before buying. And if your branch doesn't have something you want, you can request it from another branch and it will be sent there to pick up.
  • clandrum1984
    Thanks for the responses everyone. @lemon629: I never thought of the library.. will definitely try there.. and youtube.. :smile:
  • clandrum1984
    @jdhcm2006: I have never heard of Ballet Beautiful but I would love to try it. Might just have to check it out.. Thanks for the tip!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    @jdhcm2006: I have never heard of Ballet Beautiful but I would love to try it. Might just have to check it out.. Thanks for the tip!

I'm glad to help. I hope you enjoy it.
  • lingo10
    lemon629 wrote: »
    I like a lot of Denise Austin's videos, but some people don't like her voice.

Check your local public library. They probably have videos you can borrow. That way you can try them first before buying. And if your branch doesn't have something you want, you can request it from another branch and it will be sent there to pick up.

Lol true, Denise is kinda squeaky but after awhile did doesn't bother lol
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I love blogilates on youtube, fun and motivating also like denise austin and leslie sansome
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    I enjoy fitnessblender.com for workouts - they have low impact through to high impact. They use a level system, and you can sort by what sort of workout you're looking for. I use them A LOT. Plus, Daniel and Kelli don't yell at you, which is nice. :)
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    I second fitness blender..they are free and have great videos for all activity levels. You can sort videos by time, type, and fitness level. When I'm short for time or feeling particularly lazy I'll just do a 10 minute video to get something in. Walking is also great. I'm not sure if 30 day shred is great for a low impact workout but you can try level 1 and see how you feel.
  • Hi clandrum1984

I use workout dvds at home too and I use Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds are really good she has some workouts on YouTube. I recently started using Debbie Mack Plus Size workout. Jessica Smith walking for wellness is another I love. if you are in to dancing I always go back to Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies! Good Luck! :)
  • clandrum1984
    Thanks everyone. I just got some of the Leslie Sansone videos for Christmas! :smiley: I am also going to look into the fitness blender site! Thanks again