Anyone else under 5ft, maintaining & lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• lohkin
    lohkin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I'm 5"2 but haven't begun lifting yet. The new year I plan to get into it for real.

Yes, me too! I've been logging and losing for over 2 months, so I am just getting started. I would love to start gradually adding strength training to my goals. One of my IRL friends is a heavy lifter and is a huge source of inspiration.

36yo, mother of one 7-yo, 4'11ish, currently 153 (down from 164)
    I currently walk daily, do light calisthenics at home, and officiate rollerderby
  • Trishann320
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4'9 39 y.o. with a 5 and 7 yr. old. Before kids I'd be in the gym 3x/week doing a mix of cardio and weights. I am finding it very difficult to find the time to go back to that routine. Nowadays I'm lucky if I walk the dogs around the block. I'd love to know a good regimen for strength training for someone trying to start up again!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and have been lifting for a while, but no where near the weight some of you gals can lift. I'm older, 56, and got a fairly serious shoulder impingement. I had a new routine and was doing heavier weights with lower reps before I had to cut back. One of the challenges for our size (and I guess my age) is how to lift safely and not overdo.

In fact, I just did a full upper body lifting routine today for the first time in about two months, but am of course noticeably weaker, especially in the injured shoulder. I weigh around 120 and was told I couldn't do recomp unless I lost more body fat, but that doesn't seem to be happening; even with some serious cutting pre-injury, I never got below 118. I actually got some nice results in waist and butt (actually butt got flatter, which hubby's not crazy about) -- down one jean size. My upper body is kind of bulky, and right now, I'm starting to get cellulite on my arms because they had "bulked" and then of course, I had to back off, so I'm getting loose skin, which is really icky.