Romantic novels

Options
alehundrah
alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
What are your favorite romance novels? I love reading about romance. I just finnished reading Beautiful disaster and I loved it. What good romance books should I read?

Replies

• lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a thriller/horror novel reader, but my friend persuaded me to read 'the host' by Stephanie Myer and I loved it. If you haven't read it its worth a go :smile:
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @lalaland82 I was actually thinking about reading it when the movie came out then I forget all about it. Im gonna read it so I can watch the movie after. Thanks for the suggestion
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    North and South
    Persuasion
    Jane Eyre.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    @silver_starI already read Persuasion. I liked it a lot. Isn't there a show called North and South. I remember seeing it on Netfix.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    There's a book by Beverly Jenkins called Nighthawk that one is pretty good has a good storyline and some romance in it too
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    if you like more erotic romance (very explicit) but romantic at the same time, then try anything by Bertrice Small....I love history and she has a family saga of sorts set in the 1500's in England when Queen Elizabeth I was on the throne......the first book in the series is called "Skye O'Malley"....she is the main character and ends up being the matriarch of the family through all the subsequent novels....they will list in the front of the book which ones are in the series and which order to read them and she also wrote others that aren't part of the saga....still just as good....and she is quite accurate with her historical research too which makes nice reading....knowing that she isn't just making it all up....happy reading!!!:)
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love Beautiful Disaster. Try Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens or any of the books by Kristen Ashley next :)
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Jane Eyre seconded, from the morality perspective about the situation and unrequited/actual love POV. It's also a brilliant book in other ways.

I'll admit I'm not a big romance novel reader - nothing is standing out to me massively at the moment. It's not specifically a romantic novel, but I really enjoyed the first two parts of Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Copeland. The last bit was rushed, but I still liked the book.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I have a LONG list of good ones!

Fallen to far series by abbi Gaines
    Emi Lost & Found series
    Gabriel's inferno & rapture
    Up in the air series
    Dream man series by Kristen Ashley
    Colorado mountain series by Kristen Ashley
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    A girl that I work with is a romance author and has a couple books published. They are pretty good - light, fun reading. Her name is Nell Carson and her latest is "the Gingerbread House." Her first novel is "Tell All." Both are very inexpensive Kindle downloads on Amazon right now if you read from a Kindle.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    I love Beautiful Disaster. Try Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens or any of the books by Kristen Ashley next :)
    I loved Beautiful Disaster too. Someone on MFP told me that theres a second book. I forgot the name but im planning on reading that next.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    I really liked the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Walking Disaster - it's from Travis' point of view
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's called Walking Disaster. It's not really a second book though, it's pretty much the same but it's written in the POV of Travis.
  • AuroraBear84
    AuroraBear84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is AMAZING. I lose so many hours sleep because I cant close them!!! I turned a coworker onto them too. They are historical fiction/romance/fantasy. One of my favorite series hands down! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend :)
  • alehundrah
    Options
    Walking Disaster - it's from Travis' point of view
    So it's the same book/ story but just from Travis' point of view? So still the same ending as the first book?
  • alehundrah
    Options
    Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is AMAZING. I lose so many hours sleep because I cant close them!!! I turned a coworker onto them too. They are historical fiction/romance/fantasy. One of my favorite series hands down! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend :)
    Omg that is me at night!!! Whenever I really like a book I can't put it down. I'll definitely check out the Outlander series. Thanks for the recommendation
  • alehundrah
    Options
    I really liked the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
    How many books are in the series?
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    if you like more erotic romance (very explicit) but romantic at the same time, then try anything by Bertrice Small....I love history and she has a family saga of sorts set in the 1500's in England when Queen Elizabeth I was on the throne......the first book in the series is called "Skye O'Malley"....she is the main character and ends up being the matriarch of the family through all the subsequent novels....they will list in the front of the book which ones are in the series and which order to read them and she also wrote others that aren't part of the saga....still just as good....and she is quite accurate with her historical research too which makes nice reading....knowing that she isn't just making it all up....happy reading!!!:)

Thanks, not usually into historical stuff, but it's worth a shot :)
  • clemsontiger78
    clemsontiger78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Seven Outlander books currently. The eighth is supposed to be out this fall.