Whats your 12 Days of Eating ( Christmas ) Survival plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Something must be wrong with my workplace. There has only been one little tin of cookies in here (not anyone's home baking.) I feel cheated. But also relieved.

I only have one big family gathering on Christmas eve. If I hit the bourbon eggnog early and often, maybe my husband will take me home before I embarass him and before I eat too much. Sound like a plan?

In all seriousness, though, this is truly a time to enjoy and appreciate our family and friends. Sadly, they won't all be with us in years to come. I don't feel like this is a time to be pre-occupied with counting the calories I'm eating. Eat, drink and be merry!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I thought of this post when I went to the kitchen at work and found a 25 lb box of Hershey's minatures that a client has sent! :o
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating whatever I want on Christmas & then going back to how I normally eat.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat it all.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I will eat light during the mornings to allow for all the treats and rich dinners, plus focussing on lots of cardio for the next 7-10 days.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Other than my regular daily fair? Only eat it if it's going to be delicious. TRULY delicious.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I will eat as normal up to Christmas. Christmas Eve and Day I will be over but I will hit the treadmill to off set it a little . I know I will gain a little and that's ok. Christmas comes but once a year and it's my favorite time of year so I will enjoy it food and all but not to excess. Keep moving and back on track on the 27th.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    My plan is to eat it all.

Me too. And then some more.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Whats your 12 Days of Eating ( Christmas ) Survival plan?

Eat & train...rinse and repeat...

Honestly though, it's all about portion control...I don't have a gazillion rules to follow...I just practice portion control and move on.

It also helps that when I go to these parties and whatnot...I generally find the food to be substandard...it baffles me that people think commercially baked goods are yummy or that a pie or cake from the grocery store tastes good. To boot, it seems like there are only a handful of people left in the world who actually know how to cook (I would be one of them).

My bigger issue this time of year is kick *kitten* craft beer...I love winter brews.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I will eat light during the mornings to allow for all the treats and rich dinners, plus focussing on lots of cardio for the next 7-10 days.
    +1
    I will eat very lean early on in the day, abstain from the sugary treats, and get some cardio in......but there is no way I am passing on the Turkey and Veggies.