Do Ovulation makes the body hold more water??

Options
Hello you all, I have been doing a diet no-no and that is weighing myself periodically throughout the day. I have noticed that my body this week fluctuate by 3 pounds, and once I wake up the next day and weigh in, I'll be down to 2 pounds. I am not sure what's causing this. Last week I had a cheat day and ate a lot of carbs and sodium. Could it be the cheat day still holding water or the fact that I am ovulating. By the way I have burned 336 calories in the gym and the only thing I ate for lunch is a turkey sandwich and baked chips. Not to mention the calories I burned walking throughout the day.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about how some of this information relates to your question...as to your lunch today and calories you burned today. I saw your threat about eating chicken tetrazzini. Everyone's weight fluctuates throughout the day. Of course you are going to be lighter in the morning, before you eat and after you have a BM.

But to answer your question, I can only do so from experience-I do hold on to a couple pounds during ovulation. It goes away.

When logging your weight do it at the same time and under the same conditions every week.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yea I understand that, but I just do not understand why body is now fluctuating 3 pounds over throughout the day. It never fluctuated like this.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Yea I understand that, but I just do not understand why body is now fluctuating 3 pounds over throughout the day. It never fluctuated like this.

Give it a rest. It should. If it didn't before, then that is weirder than it not doing that. Just stick to your calorie deficit, weigh yourself when you want but pay attention and log it at the same time every week.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for this. It gives me much help and I think I need to make a day for when I weigh in.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Absolutely.